New
Find
Notify
Tools

sporting agents
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe Mr Carr is heavily involved with Carminnows ZOO!!

Posts: 27 | Location: Kent, England | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Hi to all

I am just a customer of Peter Carr but I was the person who introduce Amir to the coming boar shoot in January.

I just want to state my own experience with Peter.

In total Peter has guide me to Africa twice. I shot a lot of big game through him.

Once we are on the ground (in africa) a local professional hunter takes over. Peter's job was to stay in the background and chime in whenever he is needed. To be honest I have had some unbelievable shooting experience with him and some average ones too. However I must stres that all the average experiences through Peter are when he is not around.

He did trust his business with a chap call "D C" and I have recently learned that Peter got stiched up pretty bad by this guy.(in terms of giving his outfit a bad name)

Whevever Peter is there we never have any issues. I dont want to blag about my bag through Peter's outfit but shall we say I have nearly done the big five twice over plus numerous plains games.

I was also on a boar hunt last year through him in Germnay and shot 02 boars, 1 fox and 02 roe does in 02 days for £600 without trophies fees.

On last year's hunt there were at least 05 chaps coming back for a second hunt since the boar hunt they were on the month before was not producing a satisfactory bag!!!!!!! I believe they came back for only £250 or thereabout.

Bottom line

Peter is an agent but NOT a PH and he never said otherwise

Wild Hunting depends on luck and there are times when zero bag is the norm.

His prices are very competitive

If he is there things have always gone OK

He does have the right connection in many countries and my advice is use it wisely and make your own decision. Shop around.

If I had booked through my hunts in the last 12 months through other agents it would have cost me a fortune.

However I got it for a fraction of the cost.

I am not complaining at all.........

Through my short hunting career, I have learned that hunting is all about an experience.

You buy the experience and the priviledge to be there.

If you cannot get along with your guide or PH then move on.

When I hunted dangerous game with Peter, he was one holding the backup rifle behind me if wrong goes wrong.

Luckily Peter has always come back with clean barrels...............

The other thing is that if any my hunt did not go according to my expectation he has always made it right for me and my friends second time around.

So the above is my limited experience with Peter Carr.

I wish the best for him

I think I know quite a few of your guys through your posting. If so please PM me and we shall catch up.

Loads of videos and photos to share

(but not on the net)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amir

I dont think you have seen my recent leopard hunt with dogs.........

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Sorry for so many typo errors

I think Price Saeed have turned off the editing function.

Must talk to Ahmed next time I see him shooting trap at Lonato....................

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmm last time he visited he introduced himself as a professional hunter from Africa, which I took with a pinch of salt. Having hunted Africa myself more than a few times and taken two of the big five I do know a few people.

He is engaged with someone else I know at the moment with regards to selling them a so called driven Boar hunt in Scotland which turned out to be Carminnows.I belive the client is asking for a refund which I believe was refused and is now awaiting for a hunt to be arranged on the continent in exchange, but as far as I am aware without any contact from Mr Carr up to this point in time.

He also offended another person I know, who is a very good taxidermist in the UK. But I will say nothing further as this is a private matter that is still to my knowledge being pursued.

Posts: 27 | Location: Kent, England | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Well, Well, What a Christmas present.
I have now had my trip confirmed with my deposit for the Carminnows trip credited against a trip to Germany in the New Year for Driven Boar.
I also think the Balance was very good value too.
I was contacted a few weeks ago and asked for my Details to enable PC to get my license/documents sorted and now everything is up and running.
I was initially very concerned by the long absence of PC and having been told by several folk of the 'Deposit/Cancellation/Forfeiture' procedure I was not holding my breath.
Contact with PC was like trying to get hold of the Scarlet Pimpernel, which caused me concerns which now turns out to have been unfounded.
I will post the result when I return.

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
The guy is out hunting a lot, so contact is sometimes difficult.

We had a couple of problems on my boar trip with me not having a FAC (yet Mad) and a guy dropping out and another taking his place.

Peter sorted them out very profesionally after an email.

I leave on the 23rd Jan and I am bound to say the whole thing has been very well organised so far and problems have been dealt with.

Shall we ask the jury to hold on until we all get back?

Regards,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eatie, you are probably the same person from another site I have dealings with? I am glad to hear the individual has been in contact with you at last.

With modern communication it is easy to stay in touch with clients these days. Many Ph's in Africa are single handed and manage it. I hope everyone has a succesful and well planned hunt, good luck to you all.

one of us
Picture of DJM
posted Hide Post
You wish to mull over what Sikamalc has to say about other sporting agents , bearing in mind he is also a sporting agent so will not overly charitable towards his competitors.

Deer Management Training, Mentoring & DSC 2 Witnessing

Please PM or deermanagementservices@gmail.com for details

Dama International: The Fallow Deer Project

Posts: 585 | Location: Lincolnshire, England | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
You cannot be serious ..................

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Is Ghubert and Londonhunter the same person as both posts are signed off as Amir?

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eatie:
Is Ghubert and Londonhunter the same person as both posts are signed off as Amir?

They are not the same person. I think LH was quoting one of Ghubert posts.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Please tell me there isn't another Amir out there!!!

Wink
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DJM I am not a sporting agent as such, I guide and stalk all my clients myself, who are 99% American and the rest Finnish. I have no wild Boar hunting in the UK, but can out people in touch with others that have some, although they are not commercial.
I do not organise hunting on the continent, but I do hunt Finnland as I have many friends who offer me hunting out there for free, but I do not agent for them, I mearly go with my friends.
You can read my references in the HUNTING REPORT which can make or break any one in the business Smiler

I speak as I find and have no personal axe to grind with anyone, so please get your facts right before making any more comments about what I do. There' a good chap Wink

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I don't know if Malc remembers, but I met him about 20 years ago and FWIW, I've kept track of his reputation since that time, and have never heard anything bad about him at all.......and everything I've heard about him is good.

My following comments are NOT aimed at Malc in any way.

The problem with sporting agents is that all it takes to become one is a phone line and a website which can be set up in a few hours and hey presto, another instant expert agent is born - Believe me, these guys are 2 a penny and (for example) it's not at all uncommon for a hunter to come to Africa a time or two and then go home and set up an agency to sell the services of his new best friend in Africa....... These guys (to put it bluntly) usually know fuck all about Africa or African hunting and about the only thing they're liable to get you is lost.

Unfortunately, there's always some poor sucker out there who gets taken in, and the end result of that is that every time it happens, it makes it harder for us honest operators to earn a living. Confused

Which is why we make a point of not using agents at all.

Admittedly, there are good, experienced agents out there, but they're vastly outnumbered by the instant expert types. Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of DJM
posted Hide Post
Your Web Site Front Page says 'For the ultimate hunting adventures in the United Kingdom'

But you are not a Sporting Agent Confused

Posts: 585 | Location: Lincolnshire, England | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJM:
Your Web Site Front Page says 'For the ultimate hunting adventures in the United Kingdom'

Who's website? We only offer hunting in southern and east Africa.

one of us
Picture of DJM
posted Hide Post
Apologies Shakari I was repling to Malc, and commenting on his web site, where he offers Goat Wild Boar and Exotics in the UK.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
OK, sorry, I was a bit confused for a moment there! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sikamalc:
I believe Mr Carr is heavily involved with Carminnows ZOO!!

amazing you call a deer park a "ZOO",I have persoanlly hunted there and its no "walk in the park"
I see you are also a sporting(outfitter) agent and looking through your web site,you are offering fenced park exotic (ZOO) deer for trophy hunters,after reading your posts reagrding Mr Carr and Carminows,dont you think your a little two faced and you are running the same typ of outfit offering the same service that you decry.
That make you a hypocrite
here is a quote taken from your web site
Exotics

Every year we have a small amount of very large trophy exotics for harvesting. These are in fenced areas or deer parks, and are for those hunters wishing to collect trophy heads of exotics for their collection.

so sir its seems the kettle is calling the pot "black"
I also see from your previous posts that you have been to Africa "ONLY" 6 times that hardly makes you "Papa Hemingway"

Posts: 103 | Location: England | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
I am totally confused guys please clarify

When is a sporting agent not a sporting agent?

When is a "zoo" not a zoo?

I sense this thread is not getting anywhere.
It's really a private slanging match between 02 persons and we are drawn in.

Can the moderator step in?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Sikamalc is the only one to answer that.I look forward to his answer popcorn

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lets not go down the route of moderating threads that are contentious!
It doesn't help open debate, with the threat of sensorship hanging in the air..
We have had some real humdingers in the past, and they have been left to run,thats what makes this site No1..

regards
griff

Posts: 1178 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
So guys

How many African trips does one have to have under their belt before they can call themselves PAPA HEMINGWAY?

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it's the best time fopr BASC to start a

BSA (British Sporting agent) Level 1 qualification to generate more revenue?

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by londonhunter:
So guys

How many African trips does one have to have under their belt before they can call themselves PAPA HEMINGWAY?

Well, two actually Big Grin

Of course that includes plane crashes, bushfires, and the following list of injuries:
quote:
he sprained his right shoulder, arm, and left leg, had a grave concussion, temporarily lost vision in his left eye and the hearing in his left ear, suffered paralysis of the spine, a crushed vertebra, ruptured liver, spleen and kidney, and first degree burns on his face, arms, and leg.

quote:
Some American newspapers mistakenly published his obituary, thinking he had been killed.[21]

Phew! Who among us can claim to be Papa Hemmingway after that lot?

None I think, that's even more excitement than a night out with Brian....

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
he sprained his right shoulder, arm, and left leg, had a grave concussion, temporarily lost vision in his left eye and the hearing in his left ear, suffered paralysis of the spine, a crushed vertebra, ruptured liver, spleen and kidney, and first degree burns on his face, arms, and leg

I think these injuries are being described in the medical journal as "FULBA syndrome"

"Fucked up beyond all repair"

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Just a thought once you call yourself PAPA Hemingway you have to shoot yourself in the end. NO?

Shall we have a discusion about which caliber for the job, your choice of powder?

Scope or open sights ?

And don't forget to mention the bullet seaeting depth before you pull the trigger ...........

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
he sprained his right shoulder, arm, and left leg, had a grave concussion, temporarily lost vision in his left eye and the hearing in his left ear, suffered paralysis of the spine, a crushed vertebra, ruptured liver, spleen and kidney, and first degree burns on his face, arms, and leg

I think these injuries are being described in the medical journal as "FULBA syndrome"

"Fucked up beyond all repair"

rotflmo :

Your credentials are of course impeccable and your argument compelling Big Grin

ATB,

Amir

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just a thought once you call yourself PAPA Hemingway you have to shoot yourself in the end. NO?

Shall we have a discusion about which caliber for the job, your choice of powder?

Scope or open sights ?

And don't forget to mention the bullet seaeting depth before you pull the trigger ...........

Shall I call my FEO and ask him? Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Ghubert why are you not at work?

I suppose the same question applies to me as well............

Please Seargent FEO can I have a

"Mercy killing caliber" one for one variation sir...........

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ghubert why are you not at work?

I suppose the same question applies to me as well............

Please Seargent FEO can I have a

"Mercy killing caliber" one for one variation sir...........

I am

sofa

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
he sprained his right shoulder, arm, and left leg, had a grave concussion, temporarily lost vision in his left eye and the hearing in his left ear, suffered paralysis of the spine, a crushed vertebra, ruptured liver, spleen and kidney, and first degree burns on his face, arms, and leg.

Oh, I don't know - sounds like the average Friday night in Taunton! Smiler

Rgds Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't get the lack of clarity in this thread with regard to agents/guides.

Sikamalc said: 'I am not a sporting agent as such, I guide and stalk all my clients myself'

This makes sense as I would take an agent to be someone who arranges hunting as a third party, perhaps going on the hunt but not actually doing the guiding etc.. More often making money or getting free hunting out of linking up the client with the guide.

Similar to the reference in Shakari's following post regarding people returning from Africa and then trying to be an 'agent' by arranging hunting.

Sikamalc's website might say: 'For the ultimate hunting adventures in the United Kingdom' but as has said he guides these hunts himself, so he is not an agent but a guide. At least that is how I understand it.

Posts: 59 | Location: Worthing, West Sussex, UK | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
agent,guide or outfitter,
what ever label SikaMalc wishes to be addressed by he still takes people out and charges them money.
Also he shoots deer in parks and fenced pens,but was too keen to slate Carminows which we all know is a deer park

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Foxshooter, according to the article earlier last year in the Daily Telegraph and another paper late the year before, Carminnows is a Wildlife Park that releases its' surplus animals for people to shoot. Hardly the same as Park animals fenced in to be shot!!

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IanF:
quote:

Oh, I don't know - sounds like the average Friday night in Taunton! Smiler

Rgds Ian

You wait 'till you touch down on these mean streets John Wayne!

If you don't get BOOM then chances are you'll still get knife if that doesn't kill you the post beer kebab will.

(The above nothwithstanding)

All the best,

Amir Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eatie:
Foxshooter, according to the article earlier last year in the Daily Telegraph and another paper late the year before, Carminnows is a Wildlife Park that releases its' surplus animals for people to shoot. Hardly the same as Park animals fenced in to be shot!!

you will be telling me next you believe in faries,we all know the papers hype everything up
anyway seem Sikamalc has the same sort of operation judging by this statement taken from his very own site
Every year we have a small amount of very large trophy exotics for harvesting. These are in fenced areas or deer parks, and are for those hunters wishing to collect trophy heads of exotics for their collection.
so what is the difference between a deer park and a fenced area ??
paint it what ever colour you like its the same thing

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Deer in Deer parks live their life there until they are shot, look at Richmond Park!!
Animals that are in cages and then released in to the wild normally stand round until they are chased and then shot!!
As for believing in fairies, there are plenty of them about, mostly on the Telly running their own shows!! Big Grinlol

One of Us
posted Hide Post
in all my years of hunting all over the world I have never seen or come accross animals let out of a cage to be shot.
Sika Malc openly admits to providing animals in a park and in fenced areas basically better known as a pen but is far too quick to slag and condone shooting at Carminows which is a deer park just like the one he is offering trophy animals for the collectors
I wonder why he hasnt reponded

One of Us
Picture of puntgunner
posted Hide Post
Iwish I'd never started this thread .........

Posts: 181 | Location: Home counties, England | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote