New
Find
Notify
Tools

Europe Trip Recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wanting to take the wife to Europe next year but am having a difficult time picking a location and outfitter that can offer a hunt and siteseeing package, seems to be either one or the other.
Countries of interest are Portugal, England or Romania.
Interested in a 2 day Roe buck hunt and then 4-5 days sightseeing the locale.
If anyone has suggestions or have done such a trip and can recommend a specific outfitter please feel free to post or PM. Thanks in advance!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just did something similar to that in Italy. Tuscany has good Roe hunting. I’ve also hunted Roe in Bulgaria and you could get some really nice sightseeing there. Finally, Spain could be an option with great Roe hunting just outside of Madrid. What time of year are you looking at?

If any of those destinations interest you I can give you contacts that I have had great experiences with. Unfortunately, I don’t have any experience in the countries you mentioned.

Use enough gun...
Shoot 'till it's dead, especially if it bites.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response. We are planning for Sept of next year but could shift a month either direction if needed.
Spain might be interesting and an easy flight I think but not sure if they offer flat rate pricing instead of the typical by the mm system.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
your wishes could be combined in almost every european country. Almost every country has good roe buck hunting. I think portugal is one of the few coutries that hasn't.
Spain, Romania, England, Hungary, Czech and many many more coutries are good for tourism and hunting.

Do you have a particular size for bucks?
Any other animal you want?

Good time for bucks is Mid April to mid August. September is not a good time.

I am happy to help you there.

Best Regards,

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response Dennis, I would most happy with a 350gram or over Roe buck. This trip is really more targeted towards the sightseeing side then hunting but see no reason not to sneak in a 2 day hunt in conjunction. England and Romania are currently highest on her list so targeting those 2 countries.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent Dennis.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

England could be great value next year with a weak GBP post Brexit. Lots of great stalking within a hour or two of London. Roe, muntjac, reds. A few days in London inc a visit to Rigbys and then a few days around Stratford and Shakespeare country with a day or two stalking roe bucks. Now that would be a sweet vacation.

Me, I would likely look at Scotland and visit Edinburgh, also great sites to see, and then a couple of days stalking reds in the Highlands, maybe on Atholl's estate grounds.

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
O

Me, I would likely look at Scotland and visit Edinburgh, also great sites to see, and then a couple of days stalking reds in the Highlands, maybe on Atholl's estate grounds.

Cheers

I agree. Go shoot some stags, then tour the old churches and castles. Edinburgh is really cool, as is St. Andrews, and I don't even golf.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Screw the castles and golf courses. Let me at the distillery tours!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
In Romania Mehai Igret is as solid as they get for an outfitter. http://fmcinegetica.com/?lang=en

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
NTBR

Would Scotland be of interest to you? Take a look at East Haugh House Hotel in Pitlochry, Perthshire. Beautiful small hotel with amazing food and they will arrange your Roe buck stalking. I have been there many times and will be there again next year.

Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram: mikezimbab
Facebook: Mike Taylor Sporting

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 681 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
TNTBR,

I just booked a Chamois hunt in Romania with Horia / Unforgettable Hunting for this November. I'm going there on my way to Turkey for Ibex. He offers Roe Deer hunts as well and most are 2-3 day hunts..

I hunted in Serbia last year for Roe Deer and my wife and I spent a few days sightseeing as well - it was an excellent hunt and great sites to see and the food is unbelievable!!

The Balkans are steeped in history and very pro-hunting..

I will let you know how my hunt goes this fall with Horia in case you are interested.

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Bloody hell!

That is all we need, a drunk doctor! rotflmo

Had a bit of fun in Edinborough in 1967.

Went to a Tartan shop, and asked for a MACTOM tartan!

The poor lady looked everywhere and could not find one! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Bloody hell!

That is all we need, a drunk doctor! rotflmo

Had a bit of fun in Edinborough in 1967.

Went to a Tartan shop, and asked for a MACTOM tartan!

The poor lady looked everywhere and could not find one! rotflmo

That’s why you hire a driver! beer

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Saeed: Do you know why Scots wear Tartan kilts? Those sheep can hear a zipper a mile away!

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miketaylor:
NTBR

Would Scotland be of interest to you? Take a look at East Haugh House Hotel in Pitlochry, Perthshire. Beautiful small hotel with amazing food and they will arrange your Roe buck stalking. I have been there many times and will be there again next year.

Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097
Instagram: mikezimbab
Facebook: Mike Taylor Sporting

Mike, yes I think Scotland would be an option as well.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I just returned from a sightseeing/hunting trip in the UK.

My wife and I had the perfect time.

Nearly a week in London, a day in Paris, and finished with three days near Oxford, hunting.

Shoot me a PM for details if you like.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
oops, double tap

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote