THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    WARNING DONT USE SCHENK TAXIDERMY IN GERMANY

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WARNING DONT USE SCHENK TAXIDERMY IN GERMANY
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks,

I don't normally post such matters, but I would like to post this as a WARNING to others.

8 of my client + 10 other hunters have had huge problems getting their trophies out of Eric Schenk. He sat on the trophies for over two years, claiming from time to time that he was sending them soon. While they supposedly have a good name! I hear that Eric the owner is an alcoholic and everything is a mess.

Zero communication and absolute disregard and total lies at every turn and twist. Finally a great taxidermy company in Denmark was roped in to help sort out the mess. By this time 6 of my clients were no longer interested in their trophies. And thanks to this mess I have probably lost their business.

Another friend of mine has also had a problem getting his African trophies out of him, which was finally shipped with minimal paperwork and nearly confiscated in South Africa.

The company website is http://www.schenk-taxidermy.com/taxidermy-studio.html

If anyone has any questions I will be happy to go over it via PM.

Thanks,

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628
2019, DSC booth # 1222
2019, SCI booth # 4209

Posts: 2532 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Booze gets another one, sad to hear.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
That is too bad to hear. Their company used to be great.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear, I had dealt with both his father Wolfgang who was a an outstanding taxidermist, and Eric, who at that time, was still reliable and although slow, not out of line with the 12 month turn around of many quality taxidermists.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote