Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Insurance?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted
A buddy of mine is looking at hunting Scotland. The estate he talked to told him that he would need to have hunting liability insurance. Is that common over there? Any idea where he’d get such a thing? His insurance carrier over here had never heard of it.

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Commercial outfits should have commercial insurance but there are some people who don’t have such.

What I’d suggest is joining BASC for £65 year which is a shooting organisation that includes insurance.

If he needs any help I am more than happy to assist.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every Estate that I have Stalked on in Scotland has required the same thing.

BASC is an option, another is the Scottish Gamekeepers Association, I prefer the SGA myself. But either will give you the insurance you need.

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
I think the Countryside Alliance do a half price (£30?) offer to cover visiting hunters.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if it would cover a US citizen and resident. No one in the states offers this insurance, I have looked for our clients going to cameroon. In the end the operator in cameroon arranged the insurance.

quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Inter:
Commercial outfits should have commercial insurance but there are some people who don’t have such.

What I’d suggest is joining BASC for £65 year which is a shooting organisation that includes insurance.

If he needs any help I am more than happy to assist.

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunting Liability Insurance is common in most European countries.

Here in Germany, proof of insurance is required to renew a hunting license.

Simply do a Google of Scotland and Hunting Liability Insurance and you will find something suitable.

No, they will not care about nationality, just who and when.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
All the british shooting organisations that offer insurance will cover foreign nationals whilst hunting in the UK.

There are plenty of choices and I tend to use SACS.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote