THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Welcome To The European Big Game Forum

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome To The European Big Game Forum
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Gentlemen,

As we all know, there are many different species of game animals being hunted in Europe, and those same animals are hunted in other parts of the world too, like New Zealand.

Here is a forum for all our European friends to discuss the hunting of thier favourite animals here.

Sharp eyed readers will notice that I wrote "favourite" with the right spelling too [Big Grin]

Posts: 66900 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

This means someone could ask what "calibre" do you use [Smile]

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

When I asked about this I never realised it would happen 3 hours later!

Then the true horror hit me, I asked for a European forum, I now think of myself as European [Embarrassed]

I trust Roe are Big Game [Wink]

Maybe this will be the forum where the only optics that are discussed are those which dispense alcohol [Big Grin]

[ 07-29-2002, 17:11: Message edited by: 1894 ]

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<OlafD>
posted
I trust Roe are Big Game [Wink]

Hi,
whats about Deer, pigs and Mufflon( I don't know the english word for this wild sheeps) [Big Grin]

OlafD

<Orion>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Gentlemen,

As we all know, there are many different species of game animals being hunted in Europe, and those same animals are hunted in other parts of the world too, like New Zealand.

Here is a forum for all our European friends to discuss the hunting of thier favourite animals here.

Sharp eyed readers will notice that I wrote "favourite" with the right spelling too [Big Grin]

Administrator
posted Hide Post
OlafD,

Welcome to the forum.

If it walks on 4 legs and can be eaten, it is here [Big Grin]

Posts: 66900 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Orion>
posted
OlafD Welcome to the forum

Weidmannsheil martin

<OlafD>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
OlafD,

Welcome to the forum.

If it walks on 4 legs and can be eaten, it is here [Big Grin]

Hi Saeed, thx for the welcome [Smile]
yes you can eat them [Big Grin] but not as long as it walk on the legs [Big Grin]

Olaf

<OlafD>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Orion:
OlafD Welcome to the forum

Weidmannsheil martin

Waidmannsheil Martin und Gr��e nach down under [Big Grin]

<leo>
posted
Are there wild game farm/ranches in Europe like there are in the U.S. and Africa?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Leo.

Yes, but you don't wanna go there, it is not hunting. They're too small and besides that hunting on enclosed areas is not really hunting, but more a shooting expierince. Agree..??

It is not what we do, but how we do it.

K&B
Niels

Posts: 389 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
<OlafD>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
Are there wild game farm/ranches in Europe like there are in the U.S. and Africa?

Hi Leo,
in Germany there is a kind like hunting Ranch call " Jagdgatter" but this is not hunting.
There is no Licence-hunting here in Germany because the right of hunt is linked to the ground and is the only right of the land-owner, does'nt matter goverment own land or private. For hunting on you on land you need a minimum of 75 hectares= round about 185 acres otherweise your and your land have to be member of a "Jagdgenossenschaft" = cooperative and the is the minimum of hunt ground 250 hectares= 617 acres. We call that "Revier"= hunting district. The holder of the right to hunt( Goverment, big Farmers, cooperatives) can ( and do it) lease you the right of hunt, contracts running 9 years ( by law).

Olaf

one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Not exactly game farms, but there are one or two places (usually fenced parks belonging to large houses/castles) that have herds of semi-tame deer and exotic deer where the trophy hunter can pay a lot of money to shoot an exceptional trophy in a semi-canned environment. However most hunters in the UK frown upon such places as it is not a terribly challenging hunt, and fair chase is something we go big on. I think it would be fair to say that these places are run for the benefit of overseas hunters who pay top dollar.

Other than that all game is wild and roams where it wants. Alive or dead it is the property of the landowner or whoever has rented the hunting rights from him.

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
<OlafD>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by OlafD:
quote:
Originally posted by leo:

Hi Leo,
in Germany there is a kind like hunting Ranch call " Jagdgatter" but this is not hunting.
There is no Licence-hunting here in Germany because the right of hunt is linked to the ground and is the only right of the land-owner, does'nt matter goverment owned land or private. For hunting on your on land you need a minimum of 75 hectares= round about 185 acres otherwise you and your land have to be member of a "Jagdgenossenschaft" = cooperative and there is the minimum of hunt ground 250 hectares= 617 acres. We call that "Revier"= hunting district. The holder of the right to hunt( Goverment, big Farmers, cooperatives) can ( and do it) lease you the right of hunt, contracts running 9 years ( by law).

Olaf

<Orion>
posted
DlafD please tell us moore about
Europan hunting in general

weidmannsheil martin

<OlafD>
posted
quote:
DlafD please tell us moore about
Europan hunting in general

weidmannsheil martin

Waidmannsheil Martin,
hunting in Europe is not in all countries the same. UK, France, Austria, Italy, Spain a.s.o, every country got their on hunting tradition, laws, seasons and/or game.

I only can tell how hunting in germany is, very very regulated. First of all you have to make a "Jagdschein" ( hunting-license) which you can make at you local hunters association ( takes round one year in bavaria near 2, costs between 600 $ and 1000 $ or in a hunting school takes 6-8 weeks and cost you 4500-7000 $. There is a goverment qualified graduation. Our amercican hunters over here have to do the same course, they do it in 6 weeks.( US-Forces)
After this you can go hunt in Germany..if someone give you the occasion [Big Grin] or you have a friend with hunting district. you are not able to hire your on district in the first 3 years after graduation. as a foreigner you can get a 2 weeks permit or from some countries a german auslaender-jagdschein.

Olaf

[ 08-06-2002, 12:06: Message edited by: OlafD ]

<PCH>
posted
Great!
A forum where one can propose that there are alternatives to Leupold scopes, magnum rifles, nosler bullets and Texas heart shots without being flamed [Big Grin] [Wink] [Cool]

one of us
posted Hide Post
PCH

Well that should test it! [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Orion>
posted
OlafD thank you very much

weidmannsheil martin

one of us
posted Hide Post
PCH...
Sorry to say, but I hunt with american rifles ( one magnum ), use Nosler bullets and Leupold optics [Big Grin] .

I have never taken a Texas heartshot though, and hopefully never have to.

Anyway I�m not a fanatic [Razz] and have a opend mind regarding other peoples choice in guns, optics and bullets.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
<PCH>
posted
Arild,
To be honest, I admit I am, or have been, in possession of american products. So I'm no fanatic either.

<OlafD>
posted
quote:

weidmannsheil martin

Hi Martin,

there is some more information about hunting in germany:
We got a federal hunting law and 16 state-hunting law within the federal law. That means game and hunting season can be diffeent. I live in the state Hesse ( Frankfurt is the biggest city and [Big Grin] for american, australians and japanese Ruedesheim on the Riber Rhine the well knowest [Big Grin] .
this is what we have to hunt in hesse( the is a little bit more small games but i did'nt translate all)

-

Olaf

<OlafD>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by OlafD:
quote:

weidmannsheil martin

Hi Martin,

there is some more information about hunting in germany:
We got a federal hunting law and 16 state-hunting law within the federal law. That means game and hunting season can be diffeent. I live in the state Hesse ( Frankfurt is the biggest city and [Big Grin] for american, australians and japanese Ruedesheim on the Riber Rhine the well knowest [Big Grin] .
this is what we have to hunt in hesse( the is a little bit more small games but i did'nt translate all)

http://home.t-online.de/home/olaf.dudek/diverses/Jagdzeitengl.doc

Olaf

[ 08-10-2002, 19:52: Message edited by: OlafD ]

<Orion>
posted
Hi OLAFD
it seems to me tht you Germans are well organized
Her in Australia weonly have a duck season
Deer and varmints can be hunted all
year around

weidmannsheil
martin

<OlafD>
posted
quote:
Hi OLAFD
it seems to me tht you Germans are well organized
Her in Australia weonly have a duck season
Deer and varmints can be hunted all
year around

weidmannsheil
martin

well martin,
that's Germany.. [Big Grin] we have a law for every bull****. But serious.. I think it's quite ok regulate hunting.. so we can hunt around the year and there is enaugh left for the next season.The
"Abschu�plan" , a kind of plan, where the county hunting administration office give you the how much you can shoot from red deer, fallow deer, mufflon in your district. the figure they give you is your max. Limit and they give you a figure how much you have to shoot from roe deer (e.g. 6 roe deer per 100 hectare= 247 acres) .. if i shoot less maybe i pay more for damage on trees to the forestry administration. also we have compensate the damage on the fields or loss on crop to the farmers. Not all but damage made by Red deer, fallow deer, Roe deer, Wild pigs

Olaf

Olaf

[ 08-11-2002, 20:06: Message edited by: OlafD ]

<Orion>
posted
OLAFD
thank you very much
Ich DANKE
weidmannsheil martin