THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Recommendations for an Eastern European hunt?

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for an Eastern European hunt?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I haven't been to eastern Europe much so I thought that I would look into going there for a hunt.

I guess I would be interested in Red Deer, Fallow or RoeBuck and maybe pigs if it's not a driven hunt.

Which country has healthy game populations, that's easy to get guns into? (I'm left handed).

The less civilized the better and a good bang for the buck is always nice. I don't need world class trophies I just want to hunt someplace interesting.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12512 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why ".....not a driven hunt"??

To me a driven hunt in the snow is just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on...

quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I haven't been to eastern Europe much so I thought that I would look into going there for a hunt.

I guess I would be interested in Red Deer, Fallow or RoeBuck and maybe pigs if it's not a driven hunt.

Which country has healthy game populations, that's easy to get guns into? (I'm left handed).

The less civilized the better and a good bang for the buck is always nice. I don't need world class trophies I just want to hunt someplace interesting.

Posts: 194 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuwinda:
Why ".....not a driven hunt"??

To me a driven hunt in the snow is just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on...

quote:

Just a personal preference, I like taking my time and enjoying the moment not trying to shoot as fast as I can.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12512 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hungary is great along with Poland, Croatia etc.
Some more “rural and back in time” places like Macedonia and Ukraine are also nice

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Frank,
many eastern countries have great hunting. Poland, Hungary etc.

If you want it wild that will narrow it a bit down. Obviously it depends also how you define a wild place.
Romania has some very wild pockets with red deer, however game numbers are sometimes a bit low. Some places have good quality.
Ukraine has some very good hunting for sika and red deer.
Belarus has some very good hunting in some parts for red deer and moose.
North Macedonia has a few very good areas that are very wild and very scenic. The same applies to other countries in the Balkan like Serbia and Croatia.

All countries are fairly easy to get a gun into. Nothing that can't be organized.

Best Regards,

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2067 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Contact Hunt Inter, he will sort you out with a great hunt.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 680 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

I didn't get drawn for Wyoming today so I need to book something for this fall.

Frank

Picture of uplander
posted Hide Post
I have hunted in Romania a few times. It was very easy to get my rifle into the country.
Contact Horia at Unforgettable Hunting. He's a member here.

Posts: 53 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Serbia has a great Roe Deer population and plenty of big Boars as well..

Gun import is very easy as well.. The Balakans are great for hunting, food, beer, wine..

What more does a guy need? I know I'm heading back there soon :-)

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In regards boar you might want to bear in mind that many areas in particularly eastern Europe have ongoing outbreaks of African Swine Fever. It was present and not too far away when I hunted in Romania two years ago past winter and basically wiped out everything.

As far as I know its currently in all countries east of the German/Polish border and there are sporadic outbreaks elsewhere.

Doesn't affect anything other than boar though.

Your "agent" might not tell you this.....

Posts: 194 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
F&m Cinegetica in Romania have great fallow bucks. Along with a lot more but the rut occurs in his area spectacularly. Western Romania adjoining Hungary so you can fly into Budapest, or Timisoara in Romania.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would recommend huntromania.
They/he is on this forum.
I used his services many times, he provide an good service, he and his guides know the area very well.
I hunted, roebuck, wildboar, redstag with him.
Marius is always ready to go that extra mile for you.

Here is his website www.huntromania.com

Posts: 68 | Location: Holland(Netherlands) | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
How far east do you want to go?

Estonia; wildboar, moose, roe, red deer, wild boar and racoon dogs

Czech: red deer, wild boar, mouflon and fallow

Lithuania and Belarus same as Estonia

Bulgaria, Slovenia, Romania, and Croatia also have Chamois

Slovakia and Croatia have bears

I think it is more of a matter of what nations you can get into with Corona virus.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ll second the recommendation of Marius and HuntRomania. I’ve hunted with him twice—roe buck, red stag and wild boar. Lots of reports including mine here on AR. Marius hunts in some beautiful areas!

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 250 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Not to derail post , but what Eastern European countries would y’all recommend that my wife would enjoy as well as be enjoying the hunting?

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duckear:
Not to derail post , but what Eastern European countries would y’all recommend that my wife would enjoy as well as be enjoying the hunting?

Again i would recommend Romania
Marius from Huntromania, had many couples in the past.
In the morning or evening hunting, and on day time some sight seeing.
There are some interesting places he will go to.

Posts: 68 | Location: Holland(Netherlands) | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

PM Reddy375 for Bulgaria or look at Poland.

IF wife comfort is most important, I would differently look at Poland. Bulgaria was a little too off the path for my wife. Sophia just did not have the shopping she needed.

Posts: 10692 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hungary is a good destination for hunting,tourism, and shopping, although more expensive than other Countries. The firearms regulations are not too tight.
Serbia has fantastic roe deer, but certain areas (e.g. Voivodina) are not yet completely free from landmines.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen We offer hunts in

Hungary - good for very big red stag, roe deer, fallow, boar etc
Bulgaria - good for very big red deer, roe deer not huge, fallow, boar, mouflon, balkan chamois
Romania - The wildest country of them all. Not high success for real big stags, good for roe, very good for fallow, boar, carpathian chamois
France - Alpine and Pyrenean chamois, lots of reasonable roe deer, small wildboar, good mouflon
UK - CWD, big roe, muntjac and all other species. Red deer not as big compared to eastern europeans ones. Scotland is good hunting but again not huge stags. Mostly hill stags
Poland - low prices for red stag, roe etc
Spain - 4 species of Ibex, other species also available but

Above is my take, of course exceptions are possible.

Please let me know if I can be of service.

Thanks,

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Posts: 2534 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

I think it is more of a matter of what nations you can get into with Corona virus.

posted Hide Post
which one of these did you hunt with bww?
quote:
Originally posted by huntsomecats:
quote:

posted Hide Post
when hunters ask for advice they want to know
someones experience wirh that outfitter
anyone can do a google search
quote:
quote:
quote:

posted Hide Post
ypur international hunting experience is exactly

Your international hunting experience is exactly one package plains game hunt in namiba 20 years ago where you spent your life savings to drive around in an old range rover to shoot some animals from the road.didnt have enough $to pay the shipping or dip and pack so blamed the agent that you diddnt get your trophies.
you have to stop recomending hunts you could never afford or she would never let you do.

Hunters on forums ask for recomendations from people that have actualy used an outfitter not a tire kicking googler with no money
quote:
when hunters ask for advice they want to know
someones experience wirh that outfitter
anyone can do a google search
quote:
quote:
quote:

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed Bulgaria a lot. I want to go back, badly. A huge number of options for Stag. Huge farmland Stags 12kg and up, Or Stags in the mountains 8kg +/- very good Fallow Deer that were not expensive at all, a decent number of Boar as well.

Hunted closer to Sofia in a brand new lodge, very good boar, plenty of stag, no Fallow, but had baited Wolf hunting.

On the Eastern side we hunted a place that had excellent Fallow and Good Boar, Lots of Red Deer as well. Hunted both spot and stalk, (lots of walking) and high seat. A very enjoyable experience. Both were mountainous areas and beautiful.

Been to Romania three times, only twice for hunting, and can't wait to go back. Others have mentioned Marius, I second their vote. He's got areas and contacts. He managed to put two really big Brown Bears in front of me on two different trips.

Contact me. I'll give you the skinny on the areas and guys I hunted with.
wendell@huntersquest.com

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adictosacazar
posted Hide Post
quote:

I send you a PM, Happy New Year!

Phone: +34652316769
Email: adictosacazar@gmail.com
Web: www.adictosacazar.com
Instagram: @adictosacazar
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adictosacazar

Posts: 494 | Location: spain | Registered: 01 September 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dutchtrapper:
I would recommend huntromania.
They/he is on this forum.
I used his services many times, he provide an good service, he and his guides know the area very well.
I hunted, roebuck, wildboar, redstag with him.
Marius is always ready to go that extra mile for you.

I hunted with him twice. He has connections to take you many places in Romania. We struggled with Bear in one area and he had two other options. One of which produced a giant Brown Bear. He is a true professional.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote