New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romanian wildboars/ASF
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
i`m going to hunt wildboars with my friends to Romania nearby Arad next december.
Can anyone tell, what is the ASF situation there
or other parts in Romania?
Thanks allready!

Posts: 9 | Location: Finland | Registered: 21 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Next December as in 2019 ?

Lot could happen between now and then. What did the outfitter say was the situation on swine fever today ?

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi,
this year.
Outfitter said couple weeks ago, that no worry.
But, i hear an another sources, that it expand
all over the country.

https://www.reuters./article/u...g-farm-idUSKCN1LA0LR

Posts: 9 | Location: Finland | Registered: 21 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bring silver bullets in a suitable caliber.

Going after wild boar is one thing; an unexpected encounter with a Carpathian werewolf is quite another.

Silver bullets put werewolves down hard. They are a time-proven Lycan-stopper. tu2

All The Best ...

Posts: 813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 October 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Just got back from a Combo Red Stag/Boar hunt with HuntRomania in the Maros/Cluj areas. Plenty of pigs. I took two the first afternoon we hunted them. Then on to Roebuck the next morning. Good time, great people!

Tim Herald with WTA put the hunt together for me and a buddy.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KCS Mauser:
Hi,
i`m going to hunt wildboars with my friends to Romania nearby Arad next december.
Can anyone tell, what is the ASF situation there
or other parts in Romania?
Thanks allready!

Keep us posted on your trip. Myself and a group are on a driven boar trip in mid January near Arad. Could be the same outfitter ?

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was out on a driven hunt near Cernavoda in early December.

Re the ASF there was none locally but our guide, Marius said there was a lot in the country and it was moving south very quickly and only 40-50kms north of us (on the north side of the Danube) at that time.

On the hunt we were a bit unfortunate as the temperature went from +15C the day before we arrived to -15C the day after with some vicious blizzards so the pigs were moving about a lot and not where they should be.

This was a small hunt as we could not raise the numbers and we were only five hunters which was really half of what we needed for the area - hence a lot went through without a shot fired.

Some very big boars seen but only one big keiler shot. Only six boar shot over the three days - some of the shooting was not the best though...

I did have a very long and exciting follow up on one I wounded (at extreme range...) and after an hour slithering through the brambles and thorns in a snow choked gully managed to find and despatch it at bayonet range - should've brought a spear!

Posts: 196 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Never cared for driven hunts
Did enough of them in my young days and to me they are simply stupid ( unsafe ) and not worthy of my personal feeling when it comes to respect for our prey

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Did enough of them in my young days and to me they are simply stupid ( unsafe ) and not worthy of my personal feeling when it comes to respect for our prey

A well organised European hunt conducted by professionals is not unsafe

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who are the ASF?

Posts: 10836 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:

The hunt can't be unsafe - its the hunters! Anyone incapable of shooting safely just shouldn't be there and anyone seen shooting unsafely should be sent home.

ASF - African Swine Fever.

Posts: 196 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
One on one
My kinda hunt as shooting at everything that runs is against my “ hunting religion “
Just my personal opinion after experiencing shit load of driven hunts as a young man

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Just back from a weekends driven boar hunting in the Arad area of Romania. We shot 25 over the two days. The snow made it difficult for the beaters so the bag didn’t meet the organisers expectations.
Well organised, very enjoyable and looking forward to going again next winter.
No sign of ASF thankfully.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote