Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CIC Trophy Scoring Criteria
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
If I may comment, there`s also the "blue book" on CIC`s website, containing medal categories..

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
does anyone know where near Wiltshire i could get a couple of heads measured properly?

thank you

Posts: 358 | Location: Wiltshire, UK | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex.Y:
does anyone know where near Wiltshire i could get a couple of heads measured properly?

thank you

check with Brigadier Tony Dalby-Welsh dalbywelsh@btinternet.com - he is the head of the UK CIC Delegation.

Posts: 42 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Alex,
Dominic Griffiths lives just over the Wiltshire border in Hampshire not far from Andover.
Eddy McC

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
eatie,

don't suppose you have contact details for Dominic?

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
Alex,
I don't have it to hand at the moment.
I share a shoot boundary with him but never see him.
I'm not sure if he is in the Telephone directory but he should be contactable through BASC.

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Anyone knows were to get the records of CIC?
Specially looking for the world record Wild Reindeer (Rangifer tarandus tarandus).

I think it was shot in Norway, but not sure.

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anders:
Specially looking for the world record Wild Reindeer (Rangifer tarandus tarandus).

I think it was shot in Norway, but not sure.

as far I know there isn't a record book of the CIC.
I have top 50 list of some species (roe,red, fallow, feral goat,alpine ibex, chamois, wildboar, euro predators)in a official -not for sale- Italian CIC book, but the list is made for the pubblication itself.
I think that CIC is somewhat against the concept of "record book"...

D.V.M.

Posts: 179 | Location: Italy | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought the measuring of African game was complex with SCI systems. But the CIC is very strongly opinion and seems more a rough score then the precision of P&Y B&C RW or SCI.
CIC is the oldest trophy management system. Using the weight of horns, antlers and the "beauty points" even for wild boar teeth is unusual too. Not sure whose eye the beauty is in? I think weighing antlers shows true mass, I just wonder how perfectly the skulls are cleaned from one trophy to the next before weighing. It's why I think it's more of a "rough score" then the precision of accurate measure. Also stretching skins to measure is always a risk, and stretch is always relative to the person doing it.

Probably why they have no actual record book. it seems the score is to reach a level of award or category, but not to compete with other trophies. That part is very respectable. I very much like the idea of a system that says it's a trophy without competing over cm to see whose is best. I'm not sure that competing with the life of a living thing is the direction sportsman should be headed.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Rural Wa. St. & Ellisras RSA | Registered: 06 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alex,
contact Alan McCormick @ Basc, they are doing a measurers course which Dominic is hosting..
they will have his contact details.

regards
griff

Posts: 1178 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks griff

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anders:

Perhaps try to contact CIC?? http://www.cic-wildlife.org/

quote:
Originally posted by JJHACK
the CIC is very strongly opinion and seems more a rough score then the precision of P&Y B&C RW or SCI.

Not that I care very much for one trophy score over the next, but to break a lance for CIC, not all attributes of a trophy are easily measurable. Case in point, the CIC point system allows individual scoring for "pearling" (if that is what it is called in English? - "Perlung" in German) of roe trophies. I'm not sure how one could measure that attribute, but it sure adds to a trophy!!

Additionally, "beauty points" (as pearling) only amounts to a (comparative) few, additional points out of the total score. The majority of the score is made up of measurements.

The scoring of trophies via the CIC system used (in some countries such as CZ, Serbia etc) as basis for payment of trophy fees is probably fairly rough. After all, the general rule is that the trophy is measured 24 hours after boiling, a period which surely does not allow for complete drying of the skull. I'm pretty sure, though, that when it comes to "record" trophies, such rough scoring is not the end of the scoring process, and an official scoring panel will agree on the final score. This in some ways mirrors official scores as taken under SCI or B&C systems.

As a general comment, CIC is very far from the type of commercial organization that SCI (and perhaps Rowland Ward?) has grown into. I think that speaks for the organization - quite apart from agreeing with the CIC trophy scoring system. In particular since hunting organizations are few and fragmented in Europe, yet often face pan-European regulation based on lobbying by anti-hunting organizations. Case in point: why it was a good idea to completely stop (at least for a while, and still severely restrict) hunting pressure on crow populations is beyond me. Do you know of a European country where crow populations are endangered, because I don't?? I do know of other populations severely under pressure (also) from crow predation, but that is probably beyond the bleeding hearts mentality of anti-hunting proponents.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will find the 10 biggest here! ( Scandinavian Lanuage )

http://www.safariklub.dk/page_...e_nbr=51&menu_nbr=64

Nils-Ole

Posts: 103 | Location: Norway | Registered: 07 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of huntingineurope
posted Hide Post
Where can I find CIC medal requirements for Red Deer in Norway and Scotland, where I see it, informs that NJFF (Norges Jeger- og Fiskerforbund) has the following requirements: Bronce, 140p. Silver, 150p. Gold, 170p.

And these requirements are not in conformity with what is disclosed in CIC “Blue Book”

SCI Life Member
www.allanvester.dk

Posts: 111 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 02 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huntingineurope:
Where can I find CIC medal requirements for Red Deer in Norway and Scotland, where I see it, informs that NJFF (Norges Jeger- og Fiskerforbund) has the following requirements: Bronce, 140p. Silver, 150p. Gold, 170p.

And these requirements are not in conformity with what is disclosed in CIC “Blue Book”

True, but the red deer in Norway and Scotland are a lot smaller than what you will find on the continent, so I guess that is the reason why NJFF have lowerd the minimum. Rowland Ward has its own categori for Norwegian Reed Deer!

Nils-Ole
Offical measurer for SCI and Rowlad Ward.

Posts: 103 | Location: Norway | Registered: 07 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
CIC sucks big time unfortunately.

Hunting is a lifestyle more than anything else. http://www.artemis-hunting.com/

Posts: 199 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Someone should take the best of all and make one good one

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of R8 PRO
posted Hide Post
Dominic Griffiths is no longer a CIC measurer, he is part of the BASC/Sporting Rifle measuring team which is not part or anything to do with CIC.

Relax and light a Cuban.

Posts: 177 | Location: UK | Registered: 16 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
Anybody that are considering to buy a hunt (bear, wolf and other predators) with a sliding trophy fee based on CIC skin measuring system could get some info in this tread.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/5731018012

This skin measuring system is rotten and hopefully it will vanish as a measuring system within CIC soon.

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJHACK:
I thought the measuring of African game was complex with SCI systems. But the CIC is very strongly opinion and seems more a rough score then the precision of P&Y B&C RW or SCI.
CIC is the oldest trophy management system. Using the weight of horns, antlers and the "beauty points" even for wild boar teeth is unusual too. Not sure whose eye the beauty is in? I think weighing antlers shows true mass, I just wonder how perfectly the skulls are cleaned from one trophy to the next before weighing. It's why I think it's more of a "rough score" then the precision of accurate measure. Also stretching skins to measure is always a risk, and stretch is always relative to the person doing it.

Probably why they have no actual record book. it seems the score is to reach a level of award or category, but not to compete with other trophies. That part is very respectable. I very much like the idea of a system that says it's a trophy without competing over cm to see whose is best. I'm not sure that competing with the life of a living thing is the direction sportsman should be headed.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pete E:
CIC Trophy Scoring

It seems the link is not working!

Posts: 41 | Location: Romania | Registered: 08 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 41 | Location: Romania | Registered: 08 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BCHunterfsj
posted Hide Post
I am planning to go on a roebuck hunt in Hungary or Romania this summer. Have a question regarding CIC points in relation to antler weight and consequently price. For example:
if a silver medal roebuck is between 115 and 129 points what kind of antler weight should I be looking for? 300g (340 EUR), 400g (1120 EUR)
or what?
Thanks!

Posts: 43 | Location: Fort St. John, B.C., Canada | Registered: 16 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
A bronze medal Roe buck will generally need a dry full skull weight of at least 455 g, and a volume of at least 150 ccs.
A silver medal will probably require a dry full skull weight of at least 510 g and a volume of at least 165 ccs, with a gold medal normally requiring a dry skull weight of 570 g and a volume of 200 ccs.
However, there is considerable variation due mainly to the age of the buck and also the quality of the beauty points. Nevertheless, a trophy of 26 cm in main beam length with the above required weight and volume for bronze should achieve this colour medal with average marks for each of the beauty points and full marks for span.
Roe deer antlers must have a dry out period (after preparation) of at least 30 days before evaluation.
Please note when they evaluate the trophy will need to deduct the weight with 90 grams. According to this picture.
https://ibb.co/Wc9S0Vd

Ing. MARIUS VICTOR MERUȚIU
Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

Posts: 286 | Location: Romania | Registered: 26 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BCHunterfsj
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your reply. I know now what to look for!

Posts: 43 | Location: Fort St. John, B.C., Canada | Registered: 16 December 2010Reply With Quote