New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iceland/Greenland Info
 Login/Join

Picture of BrianTX
posted
Just got engaged and the plan is to elope and spend all that wedding money on a trip. The misses approved a hunting portion of the honeymoon and Iceland is on the list. Looking for info, opinions, outfitters for Iceland and Greenland as a possible excursion. Let’s get that info!

Also, any other euro options, please feel free. Leash is fairly short so nothing TOO ridiculous haha.

Posts: 22 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 01 September 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are running some winter hunts in March and combos next sept if it’s any interest. Good guides and fun hunting.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been to Iceland. Fantastic trip.

My understanding is that hunting there is limited . Reindeer , waterfowl and puffins.

Posts: 11902 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I have traveled to Greenland for the muskox/reindeer hunt and had a blast. The wife might object to the quality of the accommodations there unless she is the adventurous type. I did spend a couple of days in Copenhagen coming and going and enjoyed it as well. I hunted with Scandanavian Pro Hunts and it was very organized and well-run.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7503 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although Iceland and Greenland are interesting options, what about Zimbabwe, Botswana, or Zambia with a few days in Vic Falls? Great hunting, a unique cultural experience, amazing sightseeing options, and a win-win for all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. What a re-direct. No you don’t want ice cream, you should want pumpkin pie....

Picture of BrianTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Acer:
Wow. What a re-direct. No you don’t want ice cream, you should want pumpkin pie....

I said the same thing, but it was a family response. He does know me better than anyone haha.

Posts: 22 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 01 September 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love Africa as much as anyone, but variety is the spice of life. Otherwise I could be content just sitting in the back yard and shooting squirrels. Lots of places I want to see before I can’t.

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeAi8SptipE&t=188s

Brian,

Went to Greenland late October 2018 and the place is incredible. Husband was doing the Polar Bear Challenge (a half marathon one day, then a full marathon) across the icefields.

We saw a hunter putting a stalk on a herd of musk ox while going out on a sightseeing tour.

The people are fantastic and the scenery has to be seen to be believed.

The link is from the run and has numerous scenery shots.

Congratulations and enjoy your trip.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9341 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeAi8SptipE&t=188s

Brian,

Went to Greenland late October 2018 and the place is incredible. Husband was doing the Polar Bear Challenge (a half marathon one day, then a full marathon) across the icefields.

We saw a hunter putting a stalk on a herd of musk ox while going out on a sightseeing tour.

The people are fantastic and the scenery has to be seen to be believed.

The link is from the run and has numerous scenery shots.

Congratulations and enjoy your trip.

Way awesome video, Kathi.
Thanks for sharing.
Takes me back (way back) to my marathon days.
Fabulous scenery shots in that video.

Zeke

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Darn it, Kathy. Now I have another run to add to the wish list. Good thing I am retiring in a little less than two years.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote