Notify
Tools

Baldock - a resounding success
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted
Kiri, Ian and Jo

On behalf of Griff and myself I would like to thank you all for organising one of the best if not the best weekends I have ever been on.

The organisation was superb (and a big thankyou to Paul and the guys at GAP 180)the food fantastic from our Master Chef of the year and the company terrific.

It was obvious that alot of hard work had gone into organising this event and also alot of hard work during the event. Kiri, Jo and Ian being non stop on the catering front and the recording of beasts taken and processing etc. Also to the boys of the GAP 180 with guiding and processing animals etc.

I honestly can say it has to go down in history as one of the best.

It was truely brilliant to meet everyone and have such a great time in great company. I haven't laughed so much for ages (in between hunts).

Again a massive thanks to you all and one thing I would like to say is what a great idea this was in the first place as I don't know where this has been done before on any other forum.

Well done to you all and thankyou very much again. I look forward to hearing the final count of animals taken.

Best

Jon and Griff

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
final count was 52 beasts

Posts: 103 | Location: England | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I can only repeat what Jon has already said; all in all, an excellent and very memorable weekend..

It was good to meet everybody and put (smiling) faces to names and it was remarkable just how far so many had traveled to attended. The company was top notch with a great atmosphere over the whole weekend.

Many thanks to Kiri, Ian, Joe and the others for putting it together. Kiri in particular went overboard on the food side and brought enough gourmet standard food to feed a small third world nation! All I an say is that Gorden Ramsey can eat his heart out! Big Grin

Prior to going, I don't think anybody would have predicted a final score of 52 beasts for two days stalking, so Paul and the Gap 180 people certainly exceeded expectations on that front and it was obviously they had put a lot of work in to make the weekend go smoothly..

I think the only hitch on the entire weekend was the lack of availability of alarm calls at the place we were staying; I am sure that can be the only reason so many failed to make the 4am start this morning!! Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I´m very happy for you guys Smiler and very sorry for my self for not beeing able to make it Frowner

Hopefully the sucess will be repeated another time so I can make it up.

Looking forward for pictures and the full story Smiler

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
absolutely brilliant weekend,

thanks again to all involved, Kiri,Ian and Joe, a sterling effort.

i am looking forward to all the photos to filter through.

Posts: 358 | Location: Wiltshire, UK | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
Ditto to what the other lads have said, the organisation was superb, many new friendships have been formed and plenty of laughter was had.

Look forward to a repeat trip.

Well done Ian, Kiri, Joe and Paul.

clap

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post
Posted 31 March 2008 10:53 Hide Post
Ditto to what the other lads have said, the organisation was superb, many new friendships have been formed and plenty of laughter was had.

Look forward to a repeat trip.

Well done Ian, Kiri, Joe and Paul""

This trip was everything and some more than I had hoped for.
I just hope that we will be there next year.

Skype username
solvijoh

Posts: 497 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Solvi,

Dave has you booked as some kind of lunatic now after you told him of your plans for the bear hunting on the ice!!! I'm going to send him a copy of Death in The Long Grass to build on your foundations Wink

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of puntgunner
posted Hide Post
Just felt that I needed to add my whole hearted thanks to Kiri Ian and Joe for a fabulous weekend.
9.3 Nige and myself tried to hang on to the moment for as long as we could on Sunday. But in the end , we had to go home .....!!

This has been an event that will last long in my memories for so many reasons.

Running out of Ammo in the hot seat.
Meeting so many good people.
And the look on kiri's face when I (jokingly) suggested we by Paul some flowers as a
thank you.............Me and Nige have never laughed so much in our lives.

Thanks once again.

Posts: 181 | Location: Home counties, England | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here Here, It was great to faces to all the names, and to shoot my 1st Munty Big Grin and to sample all the different drink from ariund the world (some better than others Eeker) and also to make Puntgunner and Nige "honourary Irish" drinking partners, Sam blamed you's pair for it al on Sunday morning! Big Grin

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote