New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping Cost Spain
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been to Namibia twice and have an idea on shipping cost there, could someone give me an idea of the cost to ship the horns of a red stag and boar tusks back to San Diego? Thank you.

Posts: 61 | Location: Fallbrook, Ca | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shipped a Stag skull and an Ibex back last year to London and cost 350 EURO.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S.K. Snyder:
I have been to Namibia twice and have an idea on shipping cost there, could someone give me an idea of the cost to ship the horns of a red stag and boar tusks back to San Diego? Thank you.

It depends on the country from where you import the trophies, sir. For Eastern European countries the cost should not exceed 500 euro if you don't use a trophy broker.

Posts: 41 | Location: Romania | Registered: 08 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Certain species in the USA require additional paperwork but I would not think red deer or boar are one of them.

Make sure they are mounted on a shield to qualify for Trophy status with USFW.

$500-$600 should be enough including the paperwork depending on the size of the stag. You may need a customs clearing agent at your end if you are not close to the port of entry that your trophies come into.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I don’t think you need any paperwork on deer from Europe
Pigs might be different

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I appreciate everyone's reply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent 3 Stag heads from Scotland to California last year and it was about $500 to my door, they were sent via DHL.

Shipping the Stag Heads should be pretty simple as long as they are "clean and free from flesh" they need to be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide. You will need a document stating that they are cleaned and a copy of the invoice from the guide. As long as the country is foot and mouth disease free. If the country has foot and mouth then it is more stringent.

The Boar may be different, I remember that pigs were in a different chapter of the Dept of Ag regulations so I am not familiar with them.

I will look and see if I still have a copy of the regulations.

You do not need to mount them on wood to be considered "Trophies" you would need to mount them on wood to be considered "Taxidermy".

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad. Eight years ago I shipped four skulls and horns back from Namibia and it was $1600. It sure seems a lot less to ship from Spain.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I shipped some for 100 couple of years ago
Just did it myself

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote