Find
Notify
Tools

Scotland 2020
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

Anyone been stalking in Scotland this year and if so what was the C19 situation / restrictions / requirements ?

Interested to find out what has been going on as regards the stalking this year.

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2256 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its going on - for the likes of me for whom its a question of picking up rifle and stick and going its not an issue. For estates where 4-5 people might be involved guidance has been issued and is being followed so to that extent all is well.

The problem is that the guidance changes frequently - sometimes weekly - and its really difficult to keep up. In many urban areas infection rates have shot up in the last week or two but up here we are largely isolated from that - the restrictions still apply though! Makes life a pain - but at least we still have a life....

Just hope things are nearer "normal" next year - we have a lodge with ten stags booked in Sutherland at the last week of the stags ....fingers crossed.

Posts: 196 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have a friend from Texas who was just out for stag in Scotland. She got a nice one.

~Ann

Posts: 19146 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Hi Charlie64

I was up there at the beginning of September for a few days on the stags. At that time the only restrictions in place were wearing of face masks in shops and while walking around the hotel.

A fellow AR member was meant to join me on this hunt but he decided to postpone and do the hunt with me next year instead. In my opinion he was very right to do so. It's just not worth taking this risk this year.

For obvious reasons there have been a lot less international hunters going to Scotland this year but a lot more hunters from the UK are heading to the highlands.

If you need any inforamtion/prices for next year let me know and I will be happ to help.

With kind regards

Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 (0) 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Facebook – Mike Taylor Sporting
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 681 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Mike says things are changing regularly. Challenges are

1) needing to quarantine for two weeks when traveling from certain countries. Mind you rules are unclear and not enforced.

2) you can stay in a hotel, but families should not mix

3) but a mixed family group cannot share a rented lodge or cottage.

Yes you can still stalk, but much of the fun of a weeks stalking is being with good friends and making new ones - and that is kind of difficult with all the social distancing regulations.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My daughter owns a home in Paisley (near Glasgow) and travels back and forth from the US West Coast. She told me that when arriving from the US there is an ENFORCED 14 day quarantine.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alec Torres:
My daughter owns a home in Paisley (near Glasgow) and travels back and forth from the US West Coast. She told me that when arriving from the US there is an ENFORCED 14 day quarantine.

It is nuts if you ask me.

A person travels to Scotland.

They are required to quarantine for 14 days.

They live with the rest of the family in the house.

The rest of the family are free to come and go.

We call it the GLAGOW QUARANTINE! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66902 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

There is little in this Covid situation that makes much sense in terms of policy, or lack thereof.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And most of the U.K. is under more restrictions from Monday gone.
Local lockdowns and the misery continues.
The U.K. government seem pretty crap at doing anything sensible about it apart from bankrupting our country over it.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Inter:
And most of the U.K. is under more restrictions from Monday gone.
Local lockdowns and the misery continues.
The U.K. government seem pretty crap at doing anything sensible about it apart from bankrupting our country over it.

Sensible and any of the UK governments are words that cannot be used in the same sentence. Far too little far too late and not listening to good advice. Net result, far more people die and the economy And peoples lives for more completely screwed than necessary.

But at least we have left Europe — so no ways that will add any further misery.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This may help for those thinking of visiting the UK.

UK Coronavirus Advice

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote