Notify
Tools

another spanish roe buck
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
 -
This one ain't bad either... [Big Grin]
Steve, I cant' tell how many CIC points it will get, because it still is in its drying period, but I bet it will go something like 200!
montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guapisimo!
Weidmannsheil Montero.

And... finally a decent scope [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 552 | Location: France | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gracias King Babbon, but I was not the happy hunter. It was taken very close to an area I use to hunt a few years back, and the photograph was given to me by a good friend, just for my admiration.
montero

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Ooohhhh HOLY LORD!!!!
No words by me, only [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] my open mouth, freely watering [Big Grin] [Big Grin] .
Excuse me, I don't know Spanish hunting situation, have you hunted it in a hunting farm, in a free area or what? Have you to pay for trophy or not? can you tell me something about?
However
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,
In Spain, hunting rights belong to the owner of the land, who could either be an individual, or a local or regional administration, or the government.
The owner of these rights can keep them for himself or totally or partially sell them.
A study has to be done by wildlife experts and a certain quota of game to be harvested is assigned to each area.
So depending on your own situation and the way you got the hunting rights or just a hunting permit, your deal will be different.
You either pay a trophy fee, or a three day hunt, or a fixed amount for the whole season and the whole quota or for 5 or 10 seasons in a row, etc.
We have hunting farms, in fact some regions are totally fenced, specially in the southern half of the country, but I do not hunt in a fenced area. Never, just by principle, no matter how big or small the area is. I fully respect those who do, but I do not do it myself.
Regards,
montero

one of us
posted Hide Post
Montero

Felicitaciones Again [Smile] if I saw this one sure I miss can't hold the rifle in my hands ...

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<OlafD>
posted
Oh man.. waidmannsheil once more..
i think we gonna chance our euopean hunting meeting to spain [Big Grin]

Olaf

[ 08-13-2002, 14:20: Message edited by: OlafD ]

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Montero,
I agree with you, I don't like game fences, only one time I went in a hunting resort, and I had to shoot to a fallow deer cow, the fenced area was big, 400hectars, but I don't know [Frown] ..... I feel that there were something wrong.
About your Kapital of the photo, excuse my curiosity and persistency, Have you paid the trophy fee or it was in a hunting quota? In Italy, this kind of hunt is going, more or less in the same direction, and nomally a hunter has to buy one "package" or more than one if he can, and the package normally include a Bock, a cow and a yarling, huntable in different periods. If not specified, and it is rare, the bock can be also the world record of any time, and any oner of package in that hunting area, can hunt it.

Honestly speaking I have a litte envy for that trophy. I have some 400grams around trophy hunted in Hungary, but nothing like the two bocks showed in the photos.

bye

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's gorgous!

Montero,
Is bow hunting done often?

Thanks
Greg

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg,
very, very few bow hunters here.
throphies like these are only 1 in I-don't-know-how-many, and only happen in areas where density of deer populations is very low or recently colonized territories.
if it is already extremely difficult to take a roe like these with a rifle, I can't imagine the difficulties of trying with a bow!
montero

one of us
posted Hide Post
Montero,
What are the average costs for a package hunt?
(Eoros are fine I can convert) and is this a hunt as described by Steve "Bock, a cow and a yarling"?

Thanks
I may be looking at another family vacation/hunt

King Baboon, Prices in your neck of the woods also please.

Thanks
Greg

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Montero

You make me sick and I want too migrate to Espania at once. I know since before that Spain has good food and nice vine, but this roe buck.

I have to open a bottle Faustino no:2 to come down [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg,
I don't know very well as I am not in that business.
Prices have gone up in the last two or three years.
Most of the people here hunt for the trophy, and that means that those areas which are likely to produce good trophies are sometimes very expensive.
Prices go from 600$ up to 2200$ per permit. Multiply that for the number of permits an area has on its quota (on average 1 buck every 250 hectares, but it also varies a lot) and you get an estimation of what is paid to hire the hunting right in an area.
It is very unusual to pay a trophy fee. You normally pay for the permit regrdless of the size of the trophy and regardless that you may not eventually bag any deer at all.
On national hunting reserves it is different, you are drawn, pay a hunting fee and then you pay for the trophy after it is actually tagged.
montero

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information Montero

I will look into it.

Greg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never taken a roe buck but that is absolutely outstanding. I can't wait to visit europe again (this time with a rifle) [Big Grin] .

Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote