Find
Notify
Tools

eGun - EWB and payment options
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi everyone,

I'm a US resident and I'd like to buy some parts from the eGun.de auction site. Everything I'd like to buy is unrestricted under US law, but I've noticed a "EWB" document requirement for rifle barrels. Does the EWB requirement prevent the legal sale of the item outside the EU, or is it something I can work with?

In a similar vein, what is the preferred way to make payment if PayPal is unacceptable?

Any hints, tips or suggestions are greatly welcome. If it's just not practical to make these transactions, I'd like know that too. The parts I need are very hard to find in the US, and comparatively easy to find on eGun, thus my interest.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I think I used Zoom last time.

You need to email the person selling the product and make sure they will ship.

If they have to apply for an export permit (for a barrel or magazine) this could another month or two and another 50 euro to the bill. Expect shipping cost to be double what they advertise on egun.

I bought an R8 magazine for 45 Euro, shipping was 50, and the export process was 50. So I bought a $109 magazine for 145 Euros. Shit deal.

I would only do it if it was something you couldn't get in America.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ugh! I was afraid the process would be tedious. Oh well, I guess nothing is ever easy.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do you need?
Sometimes we can buy for sensible prices here in U.K. and shipping is cheap enough for small parcels.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Xoom not Zoom.

I just looked it up, it is part of Paypal, and it sends the money to their IBAN.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are guns I want at a friend of mine who is a dealer, and every time I look into it, the cost of getting them here adds about $750 to the price of the gun.

If a used Blaser barrel cost 500 Euros, and it cost you another 150 Euros to get it here that is about $800.

You can generally buy a used Blaser barrel for that off of the classifieds, or through www.blaserbuds.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd like a magazine and a bolt head for a Mauser M03 rifle. Ideally, I'd like a right-hand standard bolt head, a magnum length magazine, and probably a standard caliber magazine. I'd also really like a Solid 300 WM barrel, but that seems an unlikely find.

There's almost nothing M03 related available through the normal US distribution channels, even though the "official" Mauser corporate statement provides an assurance of continuing parts availability.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

One of Us
posted Hide Post
M03 has always been poorly supported. Even in Europe.

The Scandavians are probably the biggest group of hunters in Europe, and they locked onto the 202 and now the 404, and they really love the SSG 3000/STR 200, but no love has ever been given to the M03.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by analog_peninsula:
I'd like a magazine and a bolt head for a Mauser M03 rifle. Ideally, I'd like a right-hand standard bolt head, a magnum length magazine, and probably a standard caliber magazine. I'd also really like a Solid 300 WM barrel, but that seems an unlikely find.

There's almost nothing M03 related available through the normal US distribution channels, even though the "official" Mauser corporate statement provides an assurance of continuing parts availability.

If you want I can sort a magazine but U.K. law won’t let me post you a bolt head or barrel .

Can find price if you like and shipping is about 25GBP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you! A magnum magazine would be very helpful.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will get back to you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lot of money- £189.95 + postage to you £25.

All Mo3 stuff is not made anymore and no spares kept in Europe really except what retailers have in stock.

Maybe I could find cheaper in Hungary or Austria on my travels but sadly in Europe we cannot go anywhere still and looking more likely for another 3-6 months yet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ouch! $300 for a magazine ... sigh ... let me poke around locally for a bit. I really appreciate the offer and will take you up on it, if nothing makes an appearance.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by analog_peninsula:
Ouch! $300 for a magazine ... sigh ... let me poke around locally for a bit. I really appreciate the offer and will take you up on it, if nothing makes an appearance.

No problem, let me know if I can help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post