New
Find
Notify
Tools

England and Covid
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have few details, but I am being told a mutant strains of Covid has developed in England.

England was on a softer lockdown that was supposed to last a few weeks, but was still in place today.

England today has went back into full boar lock down.

I saw a report today that this mutant UK strain has been found in New York patient. I have no idea as to how the strain is different.

Posts: 10555 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
As a wildlife biologist who works in industrial safety I am not an expert on infectious disease, but here is my take on it.

Every virus mutates, and generally becomes more transmittable but less deadly.

Eventually getting to the point of not killing anyone or only killing a limited number of people.

The China Virus was never very deadly, and these mutations will continue to make it less so. Though more people will get it.

Certain people like this as it makes us all easier to control.

350,000 dead Americans since January from COVID, and another 2.8 million deaths not from COVID.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What we have is an attempt to support the NHS, which for the past thirty years has suffered from the lack of correctly directed investment, and mired in piss poor management structures.

That and two generations of folks who have been told that they have "Rights" far beyond the sensible norm' and we are left with the old radio call of.... SNAFU!!

The MP's wanted Christmas with their families, and the county l live in went from tier two to tier four in one week as the infection levels increased dramatically. Mostly caused by idiots coming in from higher infected areas of the country.

Fishing and Deer Stalking which involve primarily one person cannot be conducted, yet you can go to a supermarket and mix with 500 other people and this is acceptable.

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RickyClark
posted Hide Post
Fishing is classed as exercise now so we can fish at the very least

quote:
Originally posted by Ratwhiskers:
What we have is an attempt to support the NHS, which for the past thirty years has suffered from the lack of correctly directed investment, and mired in piss poor management structures.

That and two generations of folks who have been told that they have "Rights" far beyond the sensible norm' and we are left with the old radio call of.... SNAFU!!

The MP's wanted Christmas with their families, and the county l live in went from tier two to tier four in one week as the infection levels increased dramatically. Mostly caused by idiots coming in from higher infected areas of the country.

Fishing and Deer Stalking which involve primarily one person cannot be conducted, yet you can go to a supermarket and mix with 500 other people and this is acceptable.

lets make a plan

Posts: 98 | Location: England | Registered: 29 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Not been a good few past years for the UK at all .... Brexit, governments and PMs in chaos, Covid running riot and Covid mutations spreading like wildfire. But the supermarkets seem to be getting on top of it and have finally implemented a policy of "no mask no entry"! Great shame.

Hope it comes right sooner rather than later. Enjoy the fishing in the meantime!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I feel sorry for the UK.

At one end you have Boris who cannot refuse anything his blonde bimbo wants.

And at the other end you have Nicola who is a carbon copy of Trump in her selfishness!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66677 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
UK are on the way to get factory work home from Pakistan.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I feel sorry for the UK.

At one end you have Boris who cannot refuse anything his blonde bimbo wants.

And at the other end you have Nicola who is a carbon copy of Trump in her selfishness!

I don't think for a second it's Boris' blonde bimbo that's driving him - its his massive ego. I predict he'll be gone in three months - the wheels are falling off Brexit, he's got the money and the hassle is too much.

As for Nicola I have no idea why you'd think she is in any way selfish - what other politician gives 30% of their salary to charity? I have met, spoken to and had meetings with her and several ministers - they are honest, straightforward and don't have Boris and Co's ulterior coffer-filling motives.

Posts: 191 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
The next generation in the UK will be paying off the debts (accrued due to the incompetencies of the current Government) for their entire lifetimes!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD999:
The next generation in the UK will be paying off the debts (accrued due to the incompetencies of the current Government) for their entire lifetimes!

Same for Canada and the US.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1573 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Covid lockdown are mostly a way to stop people from Brexit riots. Brexit takes 5% from the UK BNP and Covid 1-2%.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nordic2:
UK are on the way to get factory work home from Pakistan.

No chance, too many slobs here who dont want to work and we probably have 30% of Pakistan here already Cool

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD999:

I think we only just finished paying WW2 debts off within the last few years so kung flu will be many decades aswell.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I was gonna go to Europe in May but the way it’s going I may postpone in till June or July
And I was looking forward to early roe season

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
President Biden still has his travel restrictions in place and my Gov. is still on requiring 14 day quarantine post travel to England.

I do not think I am going to get to go.

Posts: 10555 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Britain has two million full vaccinated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
...... but 25 million overall...

quote:

Posts: 191 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuwinda:

quote:

Still the Boris Johnson government are keeping it illegal to meet your family until second half of may. Extending the "Corona Virus Act" until october as a true dictator.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not quite true (though the bit about the dictator is...) - a lot of the restrictions will be lifted next month, including hospitality.

The thing is the way things are shaping up in Europe it looks very much like international travel restrictions are here for a while.

But yes infection, ICU and death rates are going down and down here.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kuwinda:

quote:

Still the Boris Johnson government are keeping it illegal to meet your family until second half of may. Extending the "Corona Virus Act" until october as a true dictator.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
And opposite seems to be Germany and Eastern Europe where China virus is blowing up
Lack of vaccine seems to be the biggest problem as most likely vaccine makers can’t keep up for now

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote