Find
Notify
Tools

Poland: Summer 2020, what to do?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted
I'm joining my father and my grown son in Colorado later this week for some camping and fly fishing. My son enjoyed a solo trip to Poland last year and would like us to join him there next Summer. I'd like us to add a couple days of fly fishing or hunting.

What are our options? I don't yet know what regions we'll see, but hope our campfire conversations in Colorado will cover that too.

Posts: 1243 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Summer time in most European countries is just roe bucks. More into the fall and options open a lot.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What month are you there?
Roe bucks and boars are probably available.
If you are willing to travel a little maybe mouflon and chamois too.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Just remember...Polak jokes are no jokes

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
What month are you there?
Roe bucks and boars are probably available.
If you are willing to travel a little maybe mouflon and chamois too.

We’re looking at July. Interested in the potential for fly fishing for Grayling instead of hunting...

Posts: 1243 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Hunting summer roe bucks is a treat. I have done it the last two summers, and I wish I was going this year.

Poland has kind of risen like the Phoenix to be a top destination for big roe bucks, and cheap sixer bucks can be shot for about the same cost as fishing.

I'd consider it if I was you.

I am not sure if Poland has the European Taimen, called Huchen or not. I know they exist in other countries nearby if fishing is your primary target.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We’re looking at July. Interested in the potential for fly fishing for Grayling instead of hunting...

The San river in South East Poland is European famous as a trout/Grayling river. Try the guys at Polishquils.com for potential information on permits and/or guides.

Good luck

stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote