Find
Notify
Tools

picture of wild boar
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
 -

this is a picture of a wild boar taken in Spain last season.
rifle is an arnold arms in 300 win mag.

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pig Montero. Felicidades!

Posts: 552 | Location: France | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pig montero,
Is there a story to go along with the picture?

Greg

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg,
The weather had been unusually cold and windy, so much that a few of the members of our party decided to stay indoors.
We were supposed to hunt a different area, but there were not enough of us to cover it properly so we decided to move to another more smaller one.
This area was covered with very thick spanish oaks and in some places the ground was covered with acorn, a delicacy for any wild pig. Moreover, it included two deep barrancos (ravines, gorges) which gave protection from the gusty winds.
Under these two circumstances a large number of wild boar had concentrated and from the moment the dogs were unleashed the baying would not stop.
I saw this old fellow trying to escape the drive and knowing were he was headed to, I could run and intercept him, shooting him from 15 or 20 meters.
I was fortunate enough to take another three that same day, a day certainly to remember.
Montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks montero!
I guess that goes to show that you never know about the weather. Just because it is cold and windy dosn't mean we shouldn't go hunting [Big Grin]

Congratulations again!
Greg

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
<OlafD>
posted
Waidmannsheil we say in Germany..
good job.. really

Olaf