New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poland???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone hunt in Poland? May have an opportunity to visit for several months next year and would love the opportunity to get a stag, boar, and maybe even a decent fallow.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1168 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted there many times - great hunting.

The whole set up is totally different to what you may be used to.

All of the hunting is "owned" by the state (even where the land is'nt) and the hunting is then leased to, generally, hunting clubs who are then responsible for meeting the quota - for red deer, boar and "others". This is often sub leased through agents (only Polish agents are allowed to act in this part) who may sub-lease to others.

Having said all the above if you are there for a few months I'm sure you will find a way to get some good hunting at little cost - as long as you don't want trophies.

Personally I love the driven hunts - an electric feeling to be in a silent snowy forest with rounds going off and things moving silently through the trees.

Enjoy.

Posts: 191 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In a younger more wild time of my life I got involved with a girl from Poland. I wound up going to Poland to meet her family. The whole experience killed me on Poland. The hunting may be fantastic but I’d be scared to death that one of her relatives was lurking in the forest looking for me.
For those that haven’t been scarred in such a fashion though, I’d go.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like I’ll be there next June through February of 2022...should be able to do roe, red, boar, and maybe even Fallow. That’s my bucket list anyway. Just representative species would be fine with me but I won’t know how much free time will be available til I get there (Military rotation).

Matt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might want to try and check out the local hunting club and try to make some contacts - despite zebras experience Eeker Polish people are very friendly.

I doubt you will get a chance at red stag without paying a trophy fee - and they are quite steep. Cull bucks (yearlings) are quite possible.

Its almost certain you will get some chance to cull boar - but this is very hard work, which is why they are always behind on quota (a minimum). On the other hand African Swine Fever is ravaging the boar so I'm not sure where this situation is at currently.

As I say you might want to contact the local hunting club. You may also need to get a Polish hunting licence - you're on your own there....

quote:
Originally posted by matt salm:
Well it looks like I’ll be there next June through February of 2022...should be able to do roe, red, boar, and maybe even Fallow. That’s my bucket list anyway. Just representative species would be fine with me but I won’t know how much free time will be available til I get there (Military rotation).

Posts: 191 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It looks as though they make it fairly easy for outside hunters to buy hunts, including the license requirements. At least I have some time to look into it before I get there. Thank you for the info.

Matt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Matt,

I can certainly arrange a hunt in Poland for you. If you send me your email I can send you some information.

Thanks,

Regards,

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628
2020, DSC booth # 2350
2020, SCI booth # 3167

Posts: 2532 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reddy,
PM sent, and thanks.

Matt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt salm:

With all of the 4-day weekends US military gets, you should get some hunting time. Good luck and please post reports.

Posts: 182 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 12 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Get yourself polish girl whose relatives hunt and you will be in heaven...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Get yourself polish girl whose relatives hunt and you will be in heaven...

Wife and kids at home take that option out, but maybe I can get one of my troops to do that and invite me along for the hunting Wink

Matt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I organize hunts there for roe bucks, red stag, fallow buck, mouflon and wild boar.
I can give you reference from US guys hunting roe buck with me a few weeks ago.

You should plan to hunt more countries too. I have many military guys hunting with me all over Europe.

Best regards,

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote