THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Boar has arrived Pics thanks to Boarkiller

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boar has arrived Pics thanks to Boarkiller
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I alluded to the boar o shot with Klemens in 2014.

My wife called, and the old boy is home. I can't wait to get there and see it.

Posts: 10832 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Pictures please

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lost a day of hunting due to travel issues. Kelemens met us at the airport and driving in asked if we wanted to give it a try. I said yes, but we won't have time for you to see me shot or check the scope. He did not seem to care. So, I was all for it. We unloaded at the hotel and slapped on our gear. Kelemens travels with his and mine was packed in rifle case.

The outfitter is Kelemens. The area is Gutsverwaltung Miesenbach. You hunt 20k acre farm of a count. It is not fenced. Kelemens is a professional foster managing timber and game.

He does not use a camp per say, but you stay in Hotel Schneeberghof. It is very nice. It is surrounded by a little ski village you can transverse in 20 minutes. There is a train station and you can go up into the alps.
We hiked into a clear cut between two ridges. On the hike in we found a family of roe deer. The buck was not great in horn, but he was tall in the leg and heavy for a roe buck in horn.
We made it to the clear cut at 530 pm. I know because Becca checked the the time. (Kelemens does not charge observer fee). We had one hour of light.

This boar's bottom tusks measured 21 and 23 cm. Before we shot this one we got the drop on one with tusk up to his eye. I was trying to get my wife and Kelemens to agree on price. I think Kelemens thought I was joking when I asked if he would take a check. The monster tucker was half the size in body as this one we took.

There was a standing screen of oak trees. I did not know it, but there was a wallow behind that screen and my boar was in the wallow.

The monster tucker slipped behind the screen and my boar and him started rebel war crying as they engaged in unseen, but very audible combat. The monster tucker broke out in retreat back past us. We had hiked in and held the bottom of a cliff about 10 feet above the ground below.

Then my boar a few minutes later stated to descend the ridge across from us. He came to the level and stopped. I asked Klemens if he wanted me to punch him head on. Kelemens whispered to let him come on board side. The fog and night was collapseing upon us. I had my Swarovski on 10 power. I needed it in the dying light.

He started to come board side. Kelemens looking through the spotting scope breathed, "when your ready." I hit him. I saw him bow up in the scope, twitch, and turn head on. I ran the bolt in recoil and hit him again. That brought him broadside again. I bring the crossfire in front of his snout. When it clears I hit him for a third time. This time God's invisible hand just pressed the big boar into the ground on his side. I did not spine him.

The 375 Ruger with 270 spire point interlock blew the on leg off. Held together by the hide. The last hit blew the collar bone, pulled back in run, and stirum trough a exit hole the size of both my fist on the off side. The second shot entered high on the flank behind the shoulder blades. It liquified everything soft and came out in front of the off hip. It hitting only soft organs did not expand a lot.

When the boar was pressed into the ground Klemens talking loudly and fast, "That sounded like a machine gun." All light is now gone.

Klemens had never hunted with me, had not seen me shoot, and had failing light with an animal that can hurt you. He let me do my own shooting.

Posts: 10832 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I lost a day of hunting due to travel issues. Kelemens met us at the airport and driving in asked if we wanted to give it a try. I said yes, but we won't have time for you to see me shot or check the scope. He did not seem to care. So, I was all for it. We unloaded at the hotel and slapped on our gear. Kelemens travels with his and mine was packed in rifle case.

The outfitter is Kelemens. The area is Gutsverwaltung Miesenbach. You hunt 20k acre farm of a count. It is not fenced. Kelemens is a professional foster managing timber and game.

He does not use a camp per say, but you stay in Hotel Schneeberghof. It is very nice. It is surrounded by a little ski village you can transverse in 20 minutes. There is a train station and you can go up into the alps.
We hiked into a clear cut between two ridges. On the hike in we found a family of roe deer. The buck was not great in horn, but he was tall in the leg and heavy for a roe buck in horn.
We made it to the clear cut at 530 pm. I know because Becca checked the the time. (Kelemens does not charge observer fee). We had one hour of light.

This boar's bottom tusks measured 21 and 23 cm. Before we shot this one we got the drop on one with tusk up to his eye. I was trying to get my wife and Kelemens to agree on price. I think Kelemens thought I was joking when I asked if he would take a check. The monster tucker was half the size in body as this one we took.

There was a standing screen of oak trees. I did not know it, but there was a wallow behind that screen and my boar was in the wallow.

The monster tucker slipped behind the screen and my boar and him started rebel war crying as they engaged in unseen, but very audible combat. The monster tucker broke out in retreat back past us. We had hiked in and held the bottom of a cliff about 10 feet above the ground below.

Then my boar a few minutes later stated to descend the ridge across from us. He came to the level and stopped. I asked Klemens if he wanted me to punch him head on. Kelemens whispered to let him come on board side. The fog and night was collapseing upon us. I had my Swarovski on 10 power. I needed it in the dying light.

He started to come board side. Kelemens looking through the spotting scope breathed, "when your ready." I hit him. I saw him bow up in the scope, twitch, and turn head on. I ran the bolt in recoil and hit him again. That brought him broadside again. I bring the crossfire in front of his snout. When it clears I hit him for a third time. This time God's invisible hand just pressed the big boar into the ground on his side. I did not spine him.

The 375 Ruger with 270 spire point interlock blew the on leg off. Held together by the hide. The last hit blew the collar bone, pulled back in run, and stirum trough a exit hole the size of both my fist on the off side. The second shot entered high on the flank behind the shoulder blades. It liquified everything soft and came out in front of the off hip. It hitting only soft organs did not expand a lot.

When the boar was pressed into the ground Klemens talking loudly and fast, "That sounded like a machine gun." All light is now gone.

Klemens had never hunted with me, had not seen me shoot, and had failing light with an animal that can hurt you. He let me do my own shooting.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Boarkiller.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Waidmannsheil!

Schoner schwein!

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Great report & good looking European boar. Nicely mounted.

Any idea what he tipped the scales at ?

Congratulations.

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys.

Kelemens put somewhere around 250kilos. Whatever that means in pounds. We did not put him on a scale.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
That is a beast at 250 kg

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I can say is that I could not pick his head up. Whatever it was in pounds was big enough.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
That's around 550 lbs
Those things will hurt you
I had welsh terrier that got bitten in half by one of them 200 + kg
Tracked him down in snow for miles till I ran out of daylight and steam
I was only 15 back then

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not really know how to articulate this, but I will give it a shot. I was in awe of this old boy when he came out on his victory march after whipping the monster tusker. However, it was not to where I could not function as I had prepared myself mentally and physically to shot and shot again.

Five hundred pounds or four hundred pounds, I knew I had no right to muck around and put myself or Klemens in a bad spot with a big mean critter with dead light. I also had my wife with us. So, I shot as well as I could and as fast as I could and only stopped when he was on his side. I would have shot him a fourth time when he gave a death kick, but Kelemens literally grabbed my arm and said it was ok.

I do not agree with those who say it is anticlimactic to get the killing done efficiently. It was very climatic.

I cannot help but want to know how I would do trailing one of these brutes with the outcome still unknown. It must have been very emotional to go after that big boar that killed your dog all at age 15. My hat is off to you.

Kelemens let me start the game and end the game. I am very appreciative of that. I did not tell him not to shoot. I told him to let his experience tell him what needed to be doing. What this tells me is he does not look for excuses to shot on the client's dime; good man.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

That's the way it should be !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not really know how to articulate this, but I will give it a shot. I was in awe of this old boy when he came out on his victory march after whipping the monster tusker. However, it was not to where I could not function as I had prepared myself mentally and physically to shot and shot again.

Five hundred pounds or four hundred pounds, I knew I had no right to muck around and put myself or Klemens in a bad spot with a big mean critter with dead light. I also had my wife with us. So, I shot as well as I could and as fast as I could and only stopped when he was on his side. I would have shot him a fourth time when he gave a death kick, but Kelemens literally grabbed my arm and said it was ok.

I do not agree with those who say it is anticlimactic to get the killing done efficiently. It was very climatic.

I cannot help but want to know how I would do trailing one of these brutes with the outcome still unknown. It must have been very emotional to go after that big boar that killed your dog all at age 15. My hat is off to you.

Kelemens let me start the game and end the game. I am very appreciative of that. I did not tell him not to shoot. I told him to let his experience tell him what needed to be doing. What this tells me is he does not look for excuses to shot on the client's dime; good man.

I was more or less used to it and somehow didn't know any better being young, but that being said, when wounded in thick stuff, even smaller ones are rather scary
I always used double barreled shotgun with slug and buck shot for trailing

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
LHeym,

Do you have the trophy shot, would love to see how big he was?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know you gentleman are probably tired of hearing this, my wife has the trophy,kill shots on her phone. I will email them to you tonight. You are more then welcome to post them. PM your email if you have not done so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For LHeym500

Nice pig, that is for sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Wyoming. I hope your next one is twice as big.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Great pics

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boarkiller or anyone else please feel free to share your best or most recent euro boar. Stories are always welcome.

Boarkiller for whatever reason I cannot see the one in your avatar.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
It's a bush pig from SA last year
I hunted in Europe this past January
Lots of snow
Got couple pigs, one really nice one

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my co-workers shot a 180kg dressed pig the other night. I'll try and get him to give me photo of it.

Mine is about 80kg dressed. One and only wild boar. Yearling, I think. I'll find a photo of it later.

I missed one in Spain of about 110 kg in 2004. My one shot at a big Euro pig.

The revier across from the house has a huge one, but he won't eat corn, and they only have some random trail cam photos of him.

Those 500 KG boars in Turkey are what I really want, the kind that show up in internet photos and take 8 Turks to load into the back of a Toyota Hilux. Brown Bear sized pig.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I hate to say this, but there is no such a thing as 500 kg wild boar, honest.
It simply doesn't exist
You get one up to 300 kg and that's a monster and lifetime pig
Anyway, don't mean to burst anyone's bubble
Good male boar is 80-100 kg and that's 3-4 years old and of course it depends where they live and what they feed on, but that's an average
Then it comes to tusks
20+ cm that's 4-5 years old and against it depends how much they use them
Thickness from one end to another is where you can tell if it's dominant 6-8 years old
Of course, that's my outlook and experience, but that doesn't mean I'm right in opinions of others
That'll give you an idea
Lots of stories and legends out there

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Nice looking boar! Congrats.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Waidmannsheil on a good Boar LHeym.

My lebenskeiler from Hungary same size, same Waffen, shot with Blaser Bockdrilling, 30-06, one shot in the boiler room.

Was a little too much for the transport, broke down and had to fix, lol.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Misters Dom, Robinson, and USG: just saw this and thank you kindly.

Dom great boar to you sir. Not much more classic than a big euro boar with a medium double.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My neighbor got a 150 kg a couple nights ago. It was a big pig for here. 18 cm teeth.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, it was not to where I could not function as I had prepared myself mentally and physically to shot and shot again.

I am a firm believer in shooting game until they stop moving.

Some one else says the famous words of trophy fee gone bad is don't shoot again you hit him hard the first time.

Ammo is cheap.

Posts: 19360 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Wyoming: Please still is a pick. You can add it to mine or make your post. I take no issue, but I would love to see him.

I could almost give up my dream for buffalo and just hunt big euro boar forever. . . . almost.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I could almost give up my dream for buffalo and just hunt big euro boar forever. . . . almost.

I still hunted a lot of wild pigs in the USA and shot some good size ones a couple in the 300lb plus range.

Is European boar hunting better.

Posts: 19360 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. Wyoming: Please still is a pick. You can add it to mine or make your post. I take no issue, but I would love to see him.

He showed me on his phone, I'll try and get him to give me the photos.

I am finally in the Jagdschein class, and have a shooting test today. Hopefully soon I'll be posting my own schwein photos.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Wyoming: Thankyou, when you get the time could you start a topic on the hunting class you are taking?

Mr. P dog Shooter: I have killed pigs in Florida. Never killed anything real big. My opinion only these Europe boars are tougher/stronger pound for sound after seeing the carcus. In addition, where we were hunting terrain is a lot like my home only better/much more game per acre. You can get into those big drives with hounds, spot and stalk, pure stand hunting, or still hunt(always my favorite). So, it is not a mind numbing, boring stand hunt.

I am not going to say they are Black Death of Europe, but are mean and tough enough that they can hurt you.So, you get a little extra spice or thought when you sight down on one.

Kelemens made breakfast off the tenderloins. Very good.

Then there is the travel aspect. I much rather be in Paris, Austria, or other Euro destination than Florida without getting too romantic: good hunting with Old world respect for game, no mosquitos, the whole country was very hunter friendly (even the Capitol), shopping and entertainment for the wife, train ride into the Alps, It was/is a great experience. Fallow Deer 2017!