Find
Notify
Tools

Roe season!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted
Now I got even one more forum to check out.
Do you know how much time I use on the forum!

Ok back to roe.
The season for roe buck has been moved from 16 august til the 10th this year. So the buck will still be in active when the hunt starts.

When do you're roe season start?
How do you hunt bucks?

The regulare roe season starts 25.September, same day as moose, then we can use shotguns and loose, short legged dogs to on roe. Only rifle is aloved in the buck season.

I affaid I'm going to miss most of the big game season this autum, but I plan on hunting roe buck for all it's worth!

Johan

[ 07-29-2002, 18:18: Message edited by: 308winchester ]

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Johan,

I am from Spain.
Our Roe deer is finishing tomorrow.
Started on April 15th, and will be closed during August.Then re-start during september and October.

I have shot 4 this year.We have very good quality and quantity, and only shoot the real good ones.

We hunt them stalk and spot.Bino and more bino work.

The rut will start within 10 days here.

Have a nice hunting.

Gonzalo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Our buck season (England and Wales) starts 1st April and finishes end of September. Does start 1st October and finish end of Feb.

Stalked on foot and from high seat, some will do the spotting from a car and dismount to stalk.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here in France the roe season doesn't open at the same date in every region, I guess in Alsace (German border) it begins 15th of May, closes in august and restarts 15 of september.

Hi Gonzalo, welcome to the forum. I know it's off-topic but I would love to go to Spain to bag a cabra montesa, and I have no clue about it. Do you have any recommendations for the hunt (where to go, which outfitter, etc.), can you please give me an idea of the cost? I have been living for 2 years in Spain but never went hunting there [Frown] . You can email me in spanish [Smile]

Posts: 552 | Location: France | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Mads>
posted
In Denmark we can hunt the bucks from the 16th of may to the 15th of july.

All roes are huntable from 1st of cotober to 15th of january.

In the buck season only stalking and "waiting" is aloved and only rifles.

In the autum all kind of hunts are alloved and shotguns is alloved to!

Regards

Mads

<OlafD>
posted
Hi,
i'm from germany. Our roe season starts 1st of may and finished 31st of january.
buck season 1st may to 15th oct
young does ( 1 year) 1st may to 31st jan
does 1st. sept to 31st of jan
fawns 1st sept to 31.of jan

OlafD

<OlafD>
posted
Hi all,
whats about Deer-season, Foxes, Hare, Wild pigs o.s.o in you countries?
Do you hunt them and how?

OlafD

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
HI people,
about the question put by OlafD, in Italy these are the periods:
hare from the end of September (the mythical & traditional third Sunday of September, opening of the hunting season) to the end of December, this is the National Calendar, regional and provincial administration can however put limits to preserve the game, and they usually put limitations. In the area where I hunt we have four or five weeks for hares.
In Italy for roe deer and big game hunt is necessary to pass a special examination and to require a special badge.
Buck roe deer is hunted in August (our administrators are crazy) and during the fall.
Red deers and fawns have special calendars,
In our hunting zone is possible [Smile] hunt wild boars during the year because they are considered pest and nocive [Big Grin] , like pests, as foxes, crow and Nutrias (Myocastor coypus also not properly called litte beaver, a south american rodent, a very big rat, imported for the fur and released after the commercial flop.Have some problem like this?)
bye

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
<PCH>
posted
Roebuck in Sweden is from 16 aug 30 sep. Parts of eastern Sweden were blessed with radioactive dust from the Chernobyl nuclear plant accident in the 80's. These parts also have spring season which runs from 1 may to 15 june. Only rifle and stalking. Incredibly enough many hunters wish to shorten the stalking season, especially the spring period [Confused]

General season when all roe is legal runs from 1 oct to 30 dec. Shotgun and dogs are allowed as well as rifle.

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
In Belgium, seasons are different in the Walloon and Flemish parts.

Wallonie : buck (stalking & stand hunting only) 08/01 - 11/30. All hunting modes and all roes from 10/01 - 11/30.

Flanders (stalking & stand hunting only, drive hunting prohibited): does & kids 01/15-03/15. Bucks 05/15-09/15.

Shot 3 so far.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PCH,

What's the lynx season? I gather they are a BIG threat to your roe population with an adult killing and eating 70 or so a year. Given your roe densities away from the South I guess this is going to be catastrophic unless managed quickly.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
Just 4 days left to buck season!

Johan

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
OlafD

Deer, hare, grouse and some other small game start 10. sep. Deer season stops in sometime in november, hare and grouse in February
Fox is from .10 Juli to sometime in spring.
Wild pigs are not wanted in Norway and has an all year season.( At this point there are no wild pigs in Norway as far as I know)

Johan

<PCH>
posted
I can't remember the Lynx season exactly but rifle season is about a month loong in feruary/march, the trapping season is a 2-3 months also in the winter. They can be pretty tough on the roe population. Some claim roe have changed their behavior to some extent in Lynx areas so the roe spend all their time out in the open, in agricultural fields etc, never entering wooded areas. I personnaly don't know if this is correct.

one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
Roe season starts in 10minutes! I can wait for the sun to get up!

Johan