New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sporting Related Shops in Edinburgh
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will be in Edinburgh this September and I planned on visiting Dickson, but I understand that they closed down the location in Edinburgh.

I am looking for recommendations for Shooting or Fishing related shops in Edinburgh, do you have any?

Thanks

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you hunting stag? Man, that is prime time.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, 5 days of Stags in Deeside, cant wait to get back on the hill!

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sadly due to very high rates being applied to commercial premises by Edinburgh City Council many retail premises in Edinburgh are no more. This includes Dicksons. Fortunately they are still in business and now operate out of their workshop up in Dunkeld. Many dealers are now trading from their own premises and no longer have a retail premises.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, that is unfortunate. I was hoping that there were some whole in the wall places that I did not know about.

Edinburgh has plenty to do so I am sure I will be able to entertain myself.

Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send me a pm and have some ideas

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Brad,

Wifezilla and I were there in June and we had no problem finding stuff to do.

She won the international shopping championship (open division) on that trip.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am fortunate my Wife is not a big shopper. But I tend to have problems in a place that has lots of Whiskey and Tweed, for some reason I tend to get a little carried away...

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad Hinn:
I am fortunate my Wife is not a big shopper. But I tend to have problems in a place that has lots of Whiskey and Tweed, for some reason I tend to get a little carried away...

Then you'll hate it there. This was in one of our hotel rooms: some hotels give you bottled water, we got free whisky!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On your drive down to Edinburgh, I suspect you will come via Blairgowrie and James Crockart is worth a visit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be staying in Banchory while stalking just outside Breamar, then to Elgin for a few days, then I will drive down the Edinburgh.

It looks like Blairgowrie is not that far off the path back to Edinburgh, I have a friend in Kirriemuir that I need to meet up with so I may try to do that on the way.

Thanks!