THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    State Department warns against Travel to UK

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

State Department warns against Travel to UK
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Covid. State Department and CDC issues do not travel advisory to UK over Covid.

https://www.reuters.com/busine...-kingdom-2021-07-19/

I do not think I am going to get to go anytime soon.

Posts: 10639 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
LHeym500,

It's not looking good right now. I have two clients from the US who are meant to be heading over to hunt with me in Scotland in a few weeks. We are going to make our final decision at the end of next week. If they can't travel I will move their hunt to 2022.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 679 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That stinks and is 100% due to the refusal by folks to be vaccinated. All their huffing and puffing about their rights and here we go again into lockdowns.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Problem with the UK is silly politics.

A member of the Labor party set up a company to sell self test kits.

They just found out that most of the tests sent back to him were unopened, while they issued Covid-19 free certificates!

They also have an app.

It pings you and tells you self quarantine for 10 days if anyone gets close to you who tests positive!

Factories are being closed.

Utterly stupid!

I am in Sweden, they are living a normal life here.

Dubai is even better.

Open to anyone with a negative test!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66800 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed - the UK is being run by a bunch of charlatans and cockwombles with no clue. And they are completely rudderless.

With infectious disease you have to make decisions quickly, decisively and for the public good. Our lot instead have dithered and the worst possible decisions at precisely the right time to spread things even further. And have utterly wrecked our economy, and don’t even get me started on the idiocy of Brexit and they have completely lost all respect from pretty much any foreign partners.

We are getting US, Australian and companies only wanting to do business with EU based businesses, because they at least know what the requirements are. With Boris and his lot, things change as fast as they change their mistresses.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As for vaccination rates, we have a high rate of vaccinations. But case rates are at 50,000 a day and rising, but number getting ill and needing hospital are really pretty low. One of my immediate family has tested positive, has been fully vaccinated and has no more than a mild cold. We are having to all isolate for ten days. And this being repeated all over the place.

But last weekend there were 400,000 at the British grand prix. And the week before there 60,000 at Wembly, and Wimbledon was full etc etc. But you can’t go to the office.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote