Find
Notify
Tools

Bakewell UK Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a couple random questions-

We are coming from out of country and will be in the Bakewell, UK area the end of the month. Anyone happen to know where a guy can fish? Any places to see roe or stags in the area?

Posts: 783 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi MC,
you are right in the middle, not a lot of sport fishing or shooting on going on around there.
You need to travel North or South.
What are you looking for?

regards
Griff

Posts: 1178 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Griff. That is what I am finding too. This is a trip for my wife and son, so I was just hoping to cast a fly for a few minutes. It was just wishful thinking!

One day I will be in Scotland to experience your incredible country. Maybe shoot a roe deer and catch a fish or 3.

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 675 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Dove is the only river in the whole of the UK with wild rainbows.
The Tummel in Perthshire(Scotland) usually fishes well in April May, but It can be quite difficult to get on.
Let me know where abouts you are heading in Scotland and I may be able to help..

Posts: 1178 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chatsworth Estate has a fine herd of Fallow which can be seen from the road through the park or on walk through the park on most days. There are reds too.

Fishing you could do worse than contact both the Chatsworth and Haddon estates as they both have riverbank holdings. If they've nothing they may point you in the right direction.

Roe aren't that common in the area (yet) with a few pushing in from surrounding counties.

g

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I almost became one of those guys who ask and don't report back!

We had a great time in England and enjoyed every part of the trip. I was able to get my son and I on the River Wye where we caught wild rainbows. Such a beautiful part of the world. We did visit Chattsworth- that place is amazing in history. We saw some stag and tons on pheasants. I'll be back at some point in time and hopefully fulfill my dream of shooting a roe.
Thanks for the advice and answers.