THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Head of Armenia’s National Security Service proposes banning all types of hunting

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Head of Armenia’s National Security Service proposes banning all types of hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://arka.am/en/news/societ...l_types_of_hunting_/

Head of Armenia’s National Security Service proposes banning all types of hunting

YEREVAN, May 13. /ARKA/. The head of Armenia’s National Security Service (NSS) Artur Vanetsyan proposed banning all types of hunting in the country. Vanetsyan made the proposal last Friday at a cabinet session which looked into a set of legislative changes, calling for tougher penalties for poaching, including a 100 million dram ($207,500) penalty for shooting Caucasian leopard, up from the current penalty of 3 million drams (about $6,000).

The proposed amount of penalty for hunting Caucasian leopards in special protected areas is 500 million drams (about $1 million). Vanetsyan proposed that hunting be banned in the country for a 3-5 year period. “I myself was a hunter, but it has been for 5–7 years I did not go hunting, and I have repeatedly spoken in favor of a temporary restriction on the import of hunting cartridges,” said Vanetsyan.

According to Vanetsyan, rural residents go hunting in any season and shoot animals indiscriminately, and this is very difficult to control.

The idea was backed by Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan. “The idea is very correct, but the approaches need to be discussed very carefully and comprehensively. All over the world, environmental issues are among the top priorities. We have exceptional wealth, but, unfortunately, a huge part of it is on the verge of destruction, and we must change the approaches of citizens to these issues,” said Pashinyan.

He noted that the ban can be introduced with reservations, since there are species that are not in such poor condition.
“Although - on the other hand - I understand your concern, because people can use these loopholes, and if they go with the gun to the forest, they will shoot everything. It is necessary to conduct a study and listen to expert opinion on this issue,” said Pashinyan.

Nature Protection Minister Erik Grigoryan said that the current situation in Armenia has led to the widespread destruction of animals and birds. “People shoot everything that moves. There are many legislative omissions and we are also considering the possibility of imposing a temporary restriction on hunting,” said Grigoryan.

He said during consultations on this issue with colleagues from the UAE, the latter said they consider vehicles as a tool for hunting too, and they are confiscated along with the weapon in case of breach of law. According to the minister, if several cars of poachers are confiscated, that would be a serious incentive to stop illegal hunting.

10:28 13.05.2019

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote