New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need coyote HELP
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a deer feeder and camera 150 yds from house. I normally have a dozen or so deer and a couple of racoons that visit all times of the day. the sightings have been dwindling. last night I got a pic of a coyote.
I assume the coyote has been eating or scaring the deer off. how do attract the coyote with attracting more?
as a rule we usually don't call coyotes around here for fear of them taking livestock.
any ideas?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
they are already there and eating whatever they can get.
deer, goats, cats, birds, baby this that and the other.
shoot what you see and call in the others.
they already know about your livestock and when the deer run away and they've not seen a pet or bird to eat for months, that's all the coyotes have left.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you’ve seen one coyote... you’ve probably got another dozen you have not seen.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No.3 double coil springs and dirt hole, scent post sets.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Start by shooting any you see with out calling. Learn to sew hides and find a fur buyer.
then start calling. I can tell you from over 10 years experince if you were to shoot two coyotes off your place in a week it will probably be a month before you can call in any more even if you changed the sounds you use.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote