New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which nite light to buy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Would like info on a good light for calling at night. Tired of the Wal-Mart stuff. Found a Revo cyclops 900 in one of my magazines is all I have found. Please direct me in the right path.
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a nite light "hot lite" $149 from F&T trading post. Quality light rechargeable just pop the red or amber lens in and you are ready to go. Bright eyes lights are another option but more $ Flame Belt Light is $264 light weight and LED output of 100,oo lux.

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you are looking for a gun mounted light, a separate scanning light or some other combo. Red, green or white light? Battery powered or corded to a cigarette lighter? Lots of good choices these days and prices in all ranges.

One of the best places to start looking is over on the Predator Masters forum - Night Calling. Everything from night vision to high end LED flashlights to the older style handheld spotlights. Good luck.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, will have to check that out. Want a hand held spotlight is what I am thinking.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Invest in LED/CREE bulb flashlight, very bright and longer battery life.
Shop around on ebay to get an idea of what out there.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Lightforce from Australia is the one you want.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
those little LED nitelights that plug into a socket will light your way enuf for a potty run at night and even let you do the telephone thing Big Grin 2020

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up both red and green LED (Cree) weapons mounted lights for predator calling. They seem to work really well. They come with rechargeable Lithium batteries and a charger. Bought 6 extra batteries for $5 ea or so. They are very bright, have a lower intensity setting then can easily be switched to the bright setting and would enable shooting to 150-200 yards pretty easily. The company I picked them up from was Stalktech I believe. Pretty impressed with them so far.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1169 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a Q-Beam that is powered off a car battery, be sure and use a red cover on it..Coyotes, foxes, and Bob cats will run from a bright light in many cases.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote