THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Muzzle Breaks on Dedicated Prairie Dog Rifles...Why Not??
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muzzle Breaks on Dedicated Prairie Dog Rifles...Why Not??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
By all means, create a gun trust BEFORE the new gun laws go into effect and purchase several suppressors. I use them on my .17 Tactical, .17 Remingtons, .204 Rugers, and my .22-250. In my case, the rifles shoot as accurately or more accurately than they did sans suppressor and the recoil has been reduced. I can have my scopes up on 20x or 24x for those with the higher power setting and see the hits in the scope. That includes the .22-250 shooting either 50 gr. Z-Max or the 53 gr. V-Max. Ya gotta love the suppressors. Keeps the prairie dogs up above ground a bit longer too.

Catch ya L8R

Posts: 192 | Location: Northwest North Dakota | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The older I get the more I appreciate muzzle brakes on my big bores, as most of you nay sayers will in time! Eeker

I like the option to remove them and have a thread protector, but I seem to take them off less and less..I shoot better with them btw, why I don't know but there is no recoil anticipation, so maybe that's it..

They have been cussed and discussed, mostly by folks that read too many gun mags, and pass that excretion on to others, although they have never tried them. Im a reformed muzzle brake hater, I was wrong back then and hard headed, until I took the cure so to speak! old

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41798 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote