Find
Notify
Tools

yotes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted
bounced a 140gr interlock off these two. win .mod70 in 270 clean hole in and out.one at about 150yds the other just inside 100yrds.
image search

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great! The more the better.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs , have you seen the coyoteXwolf mixes that are in our area ? Catskill , Pocono and I assume Sussex ? The ones that weigh 80-90 lbs ?
Those are just right for all your real cartridges like 416 Rigby and above ! BOOM

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the wolf , I have seen a coydog and didn't shoot wasn't sure what it was. I know now.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's been very confusing as there have been different names and perhaps different mixes but much of the confusion was dealt with by an excellent bit of recent research studying NY and PA animals .DNA, photographs, etc show it all very clearly. Apparently the wolf part is from Canadian wolves from the border with NY..

one of us
posted Hide Post
A couple of good yotes I really like shooting yotes.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW: To skin a coyote, cut a hole in the hind leg, stick an air hose in it and blow the skin away from the meat, puff him up like a balloon. makes it a lot easier as the coyote skin is tough to the meat. I watched a friend of mine do that, then he tied the hind leg skin to a small rope and jerked it off over the coyotes head with his pickup, drive slow was his advise. I tried it and almost ripped the skin in half, but it did make knife skinning a snap..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote