New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tasco warranty
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone tell me if I can send my Tasco scope in and get it fixed or is that all done to....

Posts: 70 | Location: Lyndon Vt. USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gar, my guess is Tasco will be absorbed or bought out by someone else and thus keep on going, albeit under a different name perhaps.

So, I'm thinking you DO have some options here. Try to call them or find them on the internet. Perhaps contact some vender like Midway who sold a lot of their products. I bet you THEY can tell you what the scoop is and maybe where to send it.

Don't give up hope yet. [Big Grin]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<333-OKH>
posted
Garfield, I sure do hate to sound contrary, but... Tasco is going out of business, they have no money, how are they going to finance warranty work with their cash flow dried up? I can't say what the situation is with Redfield but with Weaver the new company does not repair the old scopes. And if they did you have to wait for the company assetts to be bought out and a new organization put in place. If they were to assume the old companys liabilities it's not likely that a repair shop would be a priority. Or, in other words, most likely you are screwed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Garfield, there are other repair depots around the continent. Look in the back of rifle magazine or do a search. Even if it's not on warrenty, you should still be able to get a scope repaired for not a lot of money. I just had three Weavers (old style) repaired, cleaned, recharged and resealed for about $65 CDN each. That's pretty cheap. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote