Find
Notify
Tools

Can you night hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In Utah, varmint hunting is off limits.

I know that in Texas and New Mexico you can night hunt. I’d love to use an infrared scope and hunt coyotes if it was legal here.

What about your home state? Can you hunt at night?

Posts: 2634 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only on private land in CO.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5934 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, during the late fall through most of the winter in Illinois.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We can hunt hog at night here in Arkansas.

Currently there are rules being proposed to open night hunting on private land for coons, possum, skunks, and coyotes. Turkey numbers are way down and nest predators are a big concern.

My night scope will get a work out this fall and winter if the new rules are passed.. Big Grin

Posts: 497 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
NC and Va are good to go but check regs. National Forests vary.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes in MT, racoons no season same as coyote considered vermin

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In WV it's legal to night hunt with spotlights on coyotes and crop damage permit deer until 11PM. I just killed an alfalfa eating doe 2 nights ago at 180 yds. with a .250 Sav. AI XP-100 and 110 gr. ELD-X. Double shoulder shot, ran 30 yds.
I've taken around 200 deer "under the lights". People won't go with me because I stay out too late. So I mounted a spotlight on my Bronco and do it "a capela".

Larry Rogers

Posts: 244 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You're right, we do it here in Texas + for good reason. That's when they're out. Reminds me of the bank robber Willie Sutton years ago after he was arrested why he robbed banks to which he replied, "Because that's where the money is."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New Jersey, coyote with shotgun at night in season.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Michigan night coyote hunting is a go. Just read the rules book for all the regs however.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No night hunting in AZ

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Night hunting in Arizona is called "Day Long Season", it is available in some units in Western AZ. The night hunting is legal only for Coyotes and runs from December to May.

Posts: 143 | Location: Chula Vista, California, USA | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
works very well in MN we hunt baits at night. two guys over 100 coyotes in the last 5 years

Posts: 66 | Location: mn | Registered: 01 February 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WV Hitman:
In WV it's legal to night hunt with spotlights on coyotes and crop damage permit deer until 11PM. I just killed an alfalfa eating doe 2 nights ago at 180 yds. with a .250 Sav. AI XP-100 and 110 gr. ELD-X. Double shoulder shot, ran 30 yds.
I've taken around 200 deer "under the lights". People won't go with me because I stay out too late. So I mounted a spotlight on my Bronco and do it "a capela".

Do you pick up the deer or leave them for the Coyotes. Just seem very selfish to kill a deer for eating some alfalfa. Where do you draw the line?

Relive your memories take a kid hunting and fishing

Posts: 152 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 28 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zeeriverrat1:
We can hunt hog at night here in Arkansas.

Currently there are rules being proposed to open night hunting on private land for coons, possum, skunks, and coyotes. Turkey numbers are way down and nest predators are a big concern.

My night scope will get a work out this fall and winter if the new rules are passed.. Big Grin

are you sure? about 6 months ago, I heard a real game warden at a gunstore tell a customer no he couldn't hunt anything at night

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely sure. Hogs can be killed 24/7/365 on private land. With my predator control permit I can night hunt my land and other private land where I have permission if that land is added to my permit. The permit let’s me trap or shoot coyotes, cats, coon, possum, skunks and fox at night year around.

I generally even text my local game warden and give him a heads up that I’m hunting. He appreciates that! Might save him a late night trip.

Posts: 497 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the clarification!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Alabama it requires a state permit for night hunting of hogs and coyotes. it's not hard to get.

Posts: 206 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote