Find
Notify
Tools

How many are XR-100 owners
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted
I traded for a new XR-100 in .223 last weekend at the gun show. I put my Leupold 8.5 x 25 x 40mm on top it sure is a sweet looking rifle even though it is a bit on the heavy side. I really like the fact that Remington made it with an adjustable trigger. Something they should do with all there rifles in my opinion.

I looked at the 204 Ruger at the new Grander Mountain store here and had been trying to figure out how I was going to get one of these. When I went to the gun show and started looking they only had a 22-250 or a .223 to choose from and having sold my 22-250 I was looking for something a little more economical with less kick to shoot. I was seriously thinking about the 204 ruger but it was not on any of the tables at the Gun Show.
If the .223 shoots real good I may be able to talk the wife into buying me the .204 for Christmas lol

About the only thing I get to shoot any more is paper at the range but I enjoy going for tight groups.

When I get to take it to the range I will post some group sizes when I find out what it likes.

I would like to know how your XR-100 rifles are performing and if any one has a particular load they would like to share.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My local shop has one in 22-250. It calls my name out everytime I walk past it

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted Hide Post
I have it in the .22-250. I'm under a 1/2 inch with factory 55 grain loads. Possibly will get some load developement and shooting in this fall. I like the rifle and suspect I will like it more by the end of next summer.

Keep us posted on your 223. Have heard a lot of good accuracy reports on the 204.

Hairtrigger, some temptations one should not resist.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Swede44mag: I have the XR-100 in 204 Ruger caliber. Its a thing of beauty! I also enjoy the "externally" (don't have to take it out of the stock!) adjustable trigger. The standard Remington 700's triggers are fully adjustable but the barrelled action must be removed from the stock to do that and then replaced and resighted in.
The XR-100 stock fits me (a large person) extremely well and I have shot it from all imagineable field positions on Varmints and no difficulties have arisen in any position.
My XR-100 in 204 shot the Hornady 32 gr. factory ammo better than the Hornady factory 40's - but only slightly better.
But the Rifle really performs (accuracy and lethality wise) with the Sierra 32 gr. BlitzKing handloads I make for it!
The last four 100 yard 5 shot groups I made with this Rifle and the 32 Blitzkings measured .322", .402", .374" and .421"! This all factory Remington really shoots well! I have one of the splendid (alas now discontinued!) Leupold 8.5x25x40mm variables on my XR-100!
I hope your 223 XR-100 shots every bit as well as mine! Also this, I torqued my XR-100 action to the stock with a setting of 45 inch/pounds both front and rear. I never tried any other torque settings.
Yes, I believe the 204 Ruger in an XR-100 is very much needed in your arsenal right along with the 223! Merry Christmas on that!
Long live Remington
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote