New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions about Tikka Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been hearing alot of great things about Tikka rifles. I have been to their website and it is somewhat confusing as to what they offer in the US. I am looking for a .25-06 for paper punching, varmint shooting and Whitetail hunting. Is the continental the only version with a heavy varmint barrel. Do they offer it in Stainless/Synthetic? Any feedback on these rifles would be appreciated. I am thinking about buying the Tikka instead of the Rem. Sendero or Savage.

Thanks!

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Shark bait,
I have a synthetic blue in 2506.
It has the standard barrel and is as smooth as silk to operate.Accuracy is ok, certainly not in the league of my 112bv. My only gripe with it is:
1,the synthetic stock looks extremely cheap.
2.It will go rusty at the slightest hint of moisture!!
Have sorted both out by buying a mcmillan, and coating the action with a silicon spray.

griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<reloaderman>
posted
I've got a Tikka continental in .223 and it's EXCELENT! The varmit w/heavy barrel only comes in
223,22-250 & 308......I think? A good buy for the money! [Wink]

one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
griff - I was having the same problems on my blued guns. Started using Break Free
on anything that needed lubed and started using Flitz Rifle/Gun Wax on everything
else. Directions says the wax job will last 6 months but its better to redo it in three
or four. Need to get the rust off first, though. Good stuff.

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
<jayloar>
posted
I just picked up a new blued synthetic Tikka in 243. It comes with a sporter weight contour barrel and shot 1.25" 200 yard groups this past weekend. It was it's first day at the range so I'm very excited. I don't believe that Tikka offers more than one or two models with heavy barrels. Maybe the Sporter and the Continental. Mine in the Whitetail. Some minor negatives. The floor plate, trigger guard and magazine are all plastic. I'm sure it is fine plastic and it saves some weight and seems to work just fine but I prefer metals to plastics.