Tools

Post your Varmint Pics!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
That last coyote is well furred! Looks heavy too!

I can attest to her weight as it was almost a half mile drag to get her home.....I was quite thankful for the packed ski-doo trail that lead most of the way though! And yes, she had an amazing coat, better than any I've got this year by far, lots of mange this year.

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
her are some of my varmint pics
red fox

jackal
my son and a friend of him with tree seal shoot in the head with a 22-250 loaded wit 50 gr v-max

Posts: 46 | Location: �rskog, Norway | Registered: 21 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This pic is from May,09 S.D. PD shoot. First time out for my Ruger #1 .204 Wasp. At 634 yds the 40 gr V-Max performed well almost takeing the head off. I was fireforming brass with 29.5 gr N135 Fed 210 for 4040 fps. New load for this May is 31.5 gr Varget, 39 gr Blitzking for 4128 fps. Cases are R-P 30-30 1.770 length with a .250 long .232 dia neck. Shoulder is 30* like my .219 Wasp.

Almost stepped on this varmint when I opened door of truck in May,07.

We haven't killed very many rattlers on this ranch the last few years, maybe 5 or 6, but only one was more than 100 yards from that gate in the background. We are very careful around that gate.
Dave

Posts: 18 | Location: N. Central Indiana | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are a few within the last little while.

Noticed this fella at the back of the house just off of the trout pond. By the time I grabbed the 204 T3 lite he had wandered 250 yds out to where my "meatsicle" was set up (just set it up on Saturday):evilgrin: Let the games begin.
Smacked him with a 38 grain wildcat, 4 spins and he was done. Entrance was just a touch smaller than a quarter, no exit, insides like "jello".

Got up this morning and had two visitors eyeing up my freshly made "meatsickle" from the edge of some heavy willows. Pretty cagey and didn't want to commit. Gave a couple of "cottontail distress" calls from the deck and the big male came out to have a quick look. A 35 gr berger launched from the T3 lite at a lasered 267 yds put him into "dream land". :evilgrin:

Finished opening x-mas gifts and was going to go out on the deck to try out the new call I got. The "ruffi dawg" call by Les Johnson from "Predator Quest". Took a look through the binos (was pretty foggy), and had two visitors out. One on the "meatsickle" and one chewing on his dead comrade that I smacked earlier in the week. So out comes the T3 lite and a 35 gr berger was launched "gift wrapped". The little fella did 3 spins and was done. Surprisingly the 5 dead ones on the pile were basically cannibalized and were gone.:sick: I imagine this one will get chewed up in a few days as well.:evilgrin:
HO HO HO and merry X-mas.

Woke up this afternoon after working nights and had this big male chewing on the new meatsickle that I put out last week. It was a bit breezy today and the 243 has been a "safe queen" as of late with the 204 getting most of the action, so out comes the 243 T3 lite. Laid prone on the deck and sent a 68 gr match grade berger pushed with 46.7 gr of H-414, 260 yds out. DRT. Small entrance, no exit.

Getting ready to head off to work last night and my son said there was another yote that showed up at the "meatsickle". I was to busy so he grabbed the T3 lite and sent another "gift wrapped" 35 gr berger with a nice resounding "smack". Another "merry x-mas" dog off of the "meatsickle"

Savage Vaporizer

Posts: 93 | Location: Ft. Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's another one from late fall.

Was enjoying a cup of coffee yesterday morning when I spotted this little fella wandering around out back on the slough bottom. Figured it was a good time to test out the 38 gr wildcat out of my 204 T3 lite. Tiny entrance hole, and a quarter sized exit. DRT

Savage Vaporizer

Posts: 93 | Location: Ft. Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another one from early fall.

Smacked this little fella from my upstairs window as he was snacking on some moose ribs that I have tied up a couple of 100 yds away.

Savage Vaporizer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine whacked this yote while out bowhunting for deer last fall. Right between the lookers.

Savage Vaporizer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have added some new ones here as well.
Frame by frame P-doggin (graphic)

http://predatorhuntcanada.ca/f...showthread.php?t=626

Savage Vaporizer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just spent the last couple hours looking thru this whole thread & all the links.
Lot's of mighty fine pictures guys, thanks for sharing.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went out this morning to top up the ole "meatsickle" with some dog food and left over table scraps as there was nothing left of it. The yotes have turned nocturnal on me and have only been coming in at night. Went down along the bush line and stopped with pail in hand and gave a quick call on my "ruffi dawg" call. These two pop out of the willows at about 230 yds. I pop the first one and the second one gets confused and runs towards me. I give out a couple of barks and he puts on the brakes and stops broadside at 200 yds for just an instant allowing me to send another 88 gr berger pushed with 42.8 gr of H-414.Cool

Savage Vaporizer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Nice to hunt out of your bedroom window!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few from last summer, Rifle is my howa 204 ruger Bell and carlson stock, glass bedded, timney trigger leupold 8.5x25, Longest shot was 502 yards verified on the leica. Load is 25.1 grains RL 10X 39 sierra blitzking br4 primers and reminton brass.

loud pipes save lives

Posts: 100 | Location: New Enterprise PA | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Any recent varmint hunting going on?

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ok, i'll bring this thread back to life. called these two to about 40 yards. rifle is a cz 527 barreled to 6.5 grendel shooting 110 grn gs custom bullets with aa 2230c powder.

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Rock Chuck taken with my CZ 527 Varmint 204 at 245 yds. 3pm on the edge of the alfalfa field where we were shooting squeakers.

Posts: 27 | Location: Northern, CA | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of pics of some pasture poodles taken with my Sabre Defence 204 Rger.

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi a few pics of foxing in ireland
all shot with .204 remingtion with nightforce and s&b scope few early mornings and evening with a few nights lamping as well enjoy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Few more pics most of them shot with .204

This fox was shot with .300 wm

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you're using TOO much gun

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
so do you consider the 204 to be adequate for shooting foxes? Big Grin

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mangy dog killed while burning the pines off after deer season.
.25 wssm using 110 gr accubonds at 210 yards

same gun using super X 120 gr PEP's, cheap accurate round for whitetails as well as varmints.These coyotes are taking a big chunk out of our whitetail crop. very best

Posts: 129 | Location: SW GA | Registered: 01 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
Some pics from predator calling in Bulgaria, one badger and three golden jackals

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
The badger was filmed...

http://youtu.be/296FehSpsWg

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted Hide Post

Posts: 395 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This when we lived in Midland.

Same son last summer.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Me 1984, Dan Wesson 715VH, M1A on my back.

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
old guys cheat.........

can usually take 'em the best three out of four.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This was from a few years back, (1994) when my beard was red instead of arctic blonde. That's 127 coyotes my partner and I trapped and called in 2 months.

Mart

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Any recent Varmint hunting going on?

I'd share a photo from before Thanksgiving but I missed homer . Miscalculated the range on a dark black coyote with the Sako L461 .223 w/ 50gr JHP. Ended up being close to 360y. Should have just let the 7mm STW run out to the dog instead. Oh well

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post