Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Benwillweit:
a few from 07

Remington 788 222. 36 gr varmint grenades

Where did you get that thumbhole stock for your 788? I was thinking about getting one for mine.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took this coyote opening weekend of deer season. I had set up a ground blind at the confluence of a couple roads. I had corned the roads hoping a buck or a hog would step out and I could nail him. I had also taken my foxpro fx3 caller to fill in the waiting time. I have found that soft calling of a prey animal doesn't seek to bother deer and hogs at all. Well just before dark I initiated a sequence of calling using a jackrabbit distress call. This female coyote came out on the road about 80 yds from me heading straight toward the call at a trot. I waited until she was about 50 yds away and dropped her like a bad habit.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
First predator with new AR.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob,
Thats a good looking fox there Doc.
Thats also a pretty fancy shootin'iron.
Good luck and continued success bustin' those critters.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok here goes.

Daughter Lexie helping me sight my new toy in at the range.

Out P-dogging, built a sun shade, gets damn hot laying out on the prairie!

One dead rat...

6 dead wabbits, 22cal CO2 pellet rifle.

Water varmints count too right?

Its good to have some company when out shooting carp!

More water varmints meet their demise at the tip of my arrow....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm living in the wrong country!!!! Mad

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

he peeked his head out to take a look at about 125 yards. BIG MISTAKE! .223 remington lobotomy...

one of us
Picture of Strut10
posted Hide Post
This 'yote came to the call with her boyfriend. Thought I was going to get them both with one shot. But it wasn't to be. Guaranteed, though, the male was spitting chunks of his girlfriend out as he ran off. Carve it in stone........the .220 Swift ain't much of a pelt hunter's round. This dog was shot at right around 100 yards with a 52 gr. Hornady match. Yuck!!!

Founder....the OTPG

Posts: 764 | Location: slightly off | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Strut10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Derek:

Its good to have some company when out shooting carp!

Derek.......where'd your gal get the Realtree swim suit?? Been looking for one for my Mrs. for quite some time.

Founder....the OTPG

Posts: 764 | Location: slightly off | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure where she got that actually. She had it when we started spending time together, shes big into outdoor sports. Wont touch pink with a 10 foot pole, she has since moved unfortunately Frowner

She used to work at Scheels so maybe she picked it up there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Derek:
Not sure where she got that actually. She had it when we started spending time together, shes big into outdoor sports. Wont touch pink with a 10 foot pole, she has since moved unfortunately Frowner

She used to work at Scheels so maybe she picked it up there.
Well that's too bad, she did a hell of a job filling it out. I like how her legs go and make an ass of themselves.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Here are a few from my annual Coyote Safari to New Mexico. I go between Christmas and New Years every year. I took a newbie with me this time.

Biggest: Old crafty male

CamoManJ with his second ever called coyote.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
.. I really enjoy looking at everyones pics ... Hopefully soon I will have some to share .......

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 930 yard Coyote!

The .243 wssm is awesome!

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post

I spotted this coyote from a distance, slowly closed the gap and then let one of my Contenders do the rest.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RC,
heck of a shot.

Bobby,
good color on that 'yote.

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
My 930 yard Coyote!

The .243 wssm is awesome!
thats one fine shot, hat off to you man. first shot was it .my best is 705 on a rabbit .fair shot again .i shoot a 243 and a 270

Posts: 60 | Location: south east of ireland | Registered: 17 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys on the shot. Had to post it and brag a little. It may never happen again in my life so what the hell....

I'll keep letting 'em fly though when I have no other option. Like they say, every shot not taken is a miss!

Shooting on our 1000 yard range has paid off!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can do it, its not braggin, its fact.

I enjoy posting my successes and failures, and I don't know about all the others, but I really enjoy hearing what others have done and accomplished.
Keep those pix and stories coming whether you score at twenty yds or 2000.
GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trusty Tikka 223, shortly being upgraded to a 6 BR, sad, I have will have fond memories though

And my all time favorite

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Runas,

Looks like you're holding your own. Don't let the buggers get you down. Call on a yank if you need help.
GWB
PS: Great pix and fine lookin' country.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got my Jackel skin back from the taxidermist,I shot in Namibia in July 07,I for got how cool it was, SHAME about its head though Roll Eyes

I say this hypothically, but man I wish we had wild dog type species here,coyote/fox, they just seem a really cool thing to hunt! AND it would mean I could build some top fuel, barrel burning monster like a 6mm WSM or a 20 BR or a.........
oooh need a lie down, gone all dizzy jumping

Regards Runas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Runas,

I understand and can relate.
But surely you can figure out a reason to build a fire snortin', mach 4 or 5 breakin' rowdy rifle that doesn't involve moderation, common sense or necessity.

When it comes to long guns, I'm kinda like a single drunk in a bar a closing time lookin' at women. There's something about almost any rifle that will catch my attention.

GWB
PS: post a pix of your jackel if you get a chance

One of Us
posted Hide Post
GWB, Out of every thing I shot over there the Jackel was the only thing that I never got a photo of.
It was picked up and thrown in the back of the truck like road kill Roll Eyes

I do have a fire breathing dragon in my artillary, however it anit exactly small and not real good for varmiting, but it sure is super kool to shoot!
Longest kill to date is 735 yrds, the mission before I die is a mile kill.

Regards Runas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya'll sure you want to do this????? Eeker

Cats

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More kitties

[IMG]
http://img.photobucket.com/alb...2/SBarr6BR.jpg[/IMG]

Texas Verminator

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tx6BR,
What was so hard about that, just a simple click of the mouse.
GWB
PS: great pix, I know a lot of time and effort went into those hunts, but I bet you had a ball.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Runas,

That looks like one serious piece of artillery there. Care to detail?
GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My latest pride and joy!!

Barnard PL action
Barnard trigger 10oz
25 MOA Barnard base
Barnard aluminium V block
30" Trueflite Barrel
Trueflite muzzle break
Ken Farrel rings
Luepold VX III 8.5- 25
Manners carbon fibre Stock
Chambered in 338 Lapua Mag
Shooting 300 gr SMK @ 2830 FPS

Regards RUNAS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tx6BR:
Ya'll sure you want to do this????? Eeker

Cats

[IMG]

Nice!

I've never called in a cat...........http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/txhunter61/Cats/Ace31005.jpg[/IMG]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks , these are just a few of what I've called in and taken pics of over the last few years when I started using digital cameras. Then we could get into the real fun with coyotes. I have 7 photo albums of them stored in my computer. killpc

I would love to have one of those silencers set up on one of my rigs.

Texas Verminator

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Tx6BR - pm sent

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pdog hunt with my Grandfather's Rem 788 in .222 rem. shooting Noslers' custom load 50gr Btip's

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few from 08

loud pipes save lives

Posts: 100 | Location: New Enterprise PA | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Target of opportunity in March of 2006. I was getting ready to take my boy to school when we saw him crossing the field in front of the house. I was able to sit in the front door without him seeing me. As he was loping along, I whistled once and he stopped and died. 50g Nosler Ballistic Tip in 223. One small hole going in, none out.

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oopswasthatyourdog?
posted Hide Post
Well spring is just around the corner and dreams of groundhogs are dancing through my head!

These are from 2008....

I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.
- John Diefenbaker (From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960.)

Posts: 104 | Location: St-Athanase, Quebec, Canada | Registered: 16 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Any recent photos? I love these pictures!

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
Any recent photos? I love these pictures!

These aren't recent, taken the last couple of summers.

And some yote's and a fox from last winter.

and one from this season.

and finally, my two 500 yard coyotes

Enjoy!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
That last coyote is well furred! Looks heavy too!