THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    357 Maximum & Bobcats with Raptor bullets

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

357 Maximum & Bobcats with Raptor bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of f224
posted
By chance, after loading up my first fifty Cutting Edge Bullets 150gr ER Raptors for my custom 357Maximium CVA Apex for this years deer season, the first bobcat I have ever seen in legal hunting season walked into my yard a couple of days ago.

The entry wound is on the right side with the rifle photo. She dropped in her tracks at 75 yards. The exit wound is also the same size. This particular bullet looses it's six petals within 2" of impact and then the core drives through much like a Nosler Partition. The manufacture remains the king of the extreme long range game.

This is a 150gr copper bullet with a ballistic coefficient G1 of .320 at 2450fps from my 20" barreled rifle with very little recoil, an honest 300+ yard deer round. It would be easily duplicated with the Winchester 350 legend. Great for states like Iowa where we must use straight walled pistol cartridges for deer.

Possibly the best fur friendly bullet I have ever used in almost fifty years of hunting all over the world.

[img width=200 height=150]https://i.imgur.com/trqnBkO.jpg[/img]

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 839 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Interesting.
I might try that for my daughter's Ruger 77/357

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TREE 'EM:
Interesting.

Not sure you can get the Maximum to feed through the magazines. The Raptor bullets should work great though. Mike Bellem recuts the standard magnum chambers to feed higher pressure loads in them. You can find his info on the web.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 839 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting.

With a tip they will be to long to fit in the magazine of a Ruger 77 357. You could use the CEB 140 gr. Handgun Raptor. I been using them in a Marlin 1894 in 357 mag.

Posts: 423 | Location: Lk. St.Clair | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coyote wacker:
quote:
Interesting.

With a tip they will be to long to fit in the magazine of a Ruger 77 357. You could use the CEB 140 gr. Handgun Raptor. I been using them in a Marlin 1894 in 357 mag.

How's their performance on game?

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've only shot them in to "wet paper" media...very impressive wound channel...8" of penetration base, blades radiate 2.5" from cavity stopping at 4"....

Posts: 423 | Location: Lk. St.Clair | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With Quote