THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Varmint scope for around $1000
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Varmint scope for around $1000
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyeman:
+1 on the nightforce..It is firstfocal plane scope with MOA turrets and Zero stop. Good scope with good glass. SHV about your budget.

Nightforce offers both first and second focal plane scopes. I agree that if you're interested in using your scope for precise ranging of largish targets at long range, a FFP scope is crucial.

But if you are, like me, interested in shooting very small creatures (as in ground squirrels) at medium range, perhaps a SFP scope is better. (A ground squirrel will be totally obscured by the reticle of a FFP scope if you boost the magnification high enough.)

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BWW,
You been gone too long, we have 100,000 ac. ranches in many of our Western states, 80,000 ac. is a smaller ranch in the Owayhee desert a section is 640 acres btw..

But all that aside you been living it up with the Krauts and they have no sinse of humor, Come on out, we will go coyote hunting and I doubt if you get more than 5 on a normal day..but you may very well shoot at 20 or 30 on a cold Idaho winter day when there was no moon up the night before..SmilerSmiler but you gotta bring Crazy horse with you, you get to know him and he ain't a bad feller! tu2

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41780 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote