New
Find
Notify
Tools

ballistics table site
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is there a good site on the net that provides balllistics tables for vaious calibers with different bullets?

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Lightnin>
posted
www.distinti.com has an excellent exterior ballistics program and its FREE. Takes a while to download with a slow modem but it is worth the wait.

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Express - Another site is http://www.lascruces.com/~jbm/

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Express, if you go to Huntingnut.com and download Pointblank (for free), you'll never crack a ballistic table again.

Terrific little application, I use it all the time. Which reminds me, I need to get out to shoot more. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dutch, looks to be a very handy program.
Just wondering, do I have to fill in all the fields; like case length, powder Mfg primer Mfg and what exactly is Mfg?

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes Express, you get to fill out the loads yourself. I'm not sure if there are any "defaults" in the program. You don't have to complete all of the fields if you don't want to, but you will need BC, bullet weight, muzzle velocity, diameter.

Manufacturer is usually abbreviated "Mfr", but I think that is what they mean by "Mfg".

Have fun, it's a fun program to play with!

Bill

[ 06-11-2002, 01:07: Message edited by: Bill M ]

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EXPRESS:
Is there a good site on the net that provides balllistics tables for vaious calibers with different bullets?

Try www.norma.cc

Fritz

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
<raa29671>
posted
Another easy to use ballistics software pkg. is Shoot! v2.5.. You can download and try for 30 days at: www.ballistics-software.com

Great and right on the money!