New
Find
Notify
Tools

ID hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got back from ID on a rockchuck hunt with a friend. We only used handguns (don't own/need rifles). Killed 312 in 4 days averaging one shot every 12 minutes from 8AM to 6:30 PM. Used .22-250 XP, .223 AI XP, .250 Sav. AI XP, and 6mm International XP.
Longest shot was 370, last year 401.
Our hands were numb and scared from shooting so much, but it was a hoot!
Sorry, no photos. Can't get them to post!

Larry Rogers

Posts: 246 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Now that sounds like a blast! Glad you had a great time.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot 30 or 40 a year in my neighbors pasture out my kitchen window, keeping them out of my pasture. Always leave a little seed for next year.. tu2 Idaho is rock chuck and coyote heaven..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Looks like I need to plan a road trip

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1213 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That’s sounds like a PD shoot. Congrats.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best rock chuck hunting is the Snake River that run through southern Idaho, The best Coyote hunting is the huge Owyhee desert of Southern Idaho..The cost on non resident licenses is expensive and out of sight on big game, with no refunds if you don't draw, and if you don't draw, chances of success are slim unless you know someone that knows where a honey hole is..Somewhat the same with varmints I suspect..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote