Notify
Tools

I got one!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Finally! .22-250

It needs a gunsmith though. The bolt cranks harder that a rusted wheel nut on my brush hog. What else should I consider having done with it? Cheapo Savage only put one magazine with it so I need more. I'm surprised it has such a heavy barrel but I will take it.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple (3) Savages and the bolt lift gets easier over time! But you are right, it was pretty tuff at first after using some of my M70 Wins.

Hip

Posts: 1793 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I might bust a rotator cuff on this thing.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Nice snag, Ann! tu2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
P.M. sent

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I added one of those myself last year. Mine is a Savage 12 fv, and it had an issue with the bolt dragging. After investigating I found out it was because of the stamped blind magazine, the front of it appears to be held down into the magazine well with a little plastic nub on the stock. The nub is worn off, so the magazine spring pushes the front of the metal magazine up into the bottom of the bolt causing it to rub. My solution was to solder a small piece of metal onto the front corners of the magazine metal, that causes the receiver to push it back down into the stock where it belongs. No more bolt rub.

Only issue Ive had with it so far. Its a great caliber in an accurate rifle. They are a bit on the hefty side with the 26" bull barrel.

Posts: 10112 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, this Savage has a very heavy barrel for what it is. It will be a porch rifle mostly for taking off coyotes that frequent my front prairie field. Tired of them killing fawns and messing with my coon traps.

I'm looking at electronic call options but have a beer budget. Still, would like something for future night hunting, etc, out of one of my blinds.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, as for the extra magazine, have you checked Numrich Arms (Gun Parts Corp.)?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Numrich Arms

They don't have any either.

~Ann