Find
Notify
Tools

Portable Shooting Bench
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
I had a web link to a couple who made custom shooting benches in like colorado utah wyoming or somewhere? Dang....My desktop crashed and i lost it.

Anyone know who it might be...they were small and not as expensive as most.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
The Caldwell Stable Table is an excellent portable bench.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you happen to be talented at making stuff, 1/2 sheet of 1/2" plywood, one set of legs from a folding table, a piece of 1/2" pipe suitable length with a cap and a flange for attaching it to the plywood will make one heck of a portable bench. I have a commercial one but like this better. Just need the bench and an old chair. You can cut out the top to suit yourself and put a hand hole on one side to grab it. GW

The possibilities for disaster boggle the mind.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A heavier duty idea.
one sheet of 3/4 inch plywood, three short lengths of 1 1/2" pipe(30 to 36" adj to your needs), three pipe flanges,three pipe caps, three shingle shims(about 1/2" thick tapered to nothing).
Cut the plywood sheet in half (4x4), glue and screw together (screw from the bottom side).
Mark out a school desk top, cut out the top, sand and varnish several coats.
Position the shim shingles at the corners on the bottom so that the legs will angle out slightly,then attach the pipe flanges over the shims.
legs can be screwed onto the table top in the field, removed for transport.
I have tried smaller pipe, it's just not as stable as I feel I need.
Stout for howdy, and very stable for a "portable" shooting bench.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
The Caldwell Stable Table is an excellent portable bench.

Too big...I carry up to a mile a day

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muck:
A heavier duty idea.
one sheet of 3/4 inch plywood, three short lengths of 1 1/2" pipe(30 to 36" adj to your needs), three pipe flanges,three pipe caps, three shingle shims(about 1/2" thick tapered to nothing).
Cut the plywood sheet in half (4x4), glue and screw together (screw from the bottom side).
Mark out a school desk top, cut out the top, sand and varnish several coats.
Position the shim shingles at the corners on the bottom so that the legs will angle out slightly,then attach the pipe flanges over the shims.
legs can be screwed onto the table top in the field, removed for transport.
I have tried smaller pipe, it's just not as stable as I feel I need.
Stout for howdy, and very stable for a "portable" shooting bench.

muck

The point is I am looking for the older couple who makes collapsible portable shooting tables. I cannot find the link to this man and am looking for one

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You want light? A buddy has one, likes it for what it is. It wouldn't be rocket science to add a table top if you couldn't live without one.

http://www.cabelas.com/product...ests%2F104212080.uts

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found plans at this site but there are many more available that can be found with a google search for "portable shooting bench".

http://www.realitysurvival.com...-bench-design-plans/

Posts: 31 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 01 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Guys Guys

I am looking for a certain manufacturer who makes these one at a time in one of the states mentioned. A cpl years ago his name was give to me with his obscure web page which was a single page....CAN ANYONE HELP WITH WHOM IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN?

posted Hide Post
Tower Stool co in SD makes a very solid portable
bench ad stool. search for tower stool Co.
Regards Doug

Posts: 2 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 19 April 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello:
I made a portable bench out of a Portamate Folding Miter Saw Stand from Menards. Model number PM3600, Menards SKU:2401651 and a 2 X 2 birch plywood handi panel. The cost is around $35 for the components. Bolt the handi panel to the quick mount tool attachment that the bench comes with (includes the carriage bolts too. I wrapped the adjustable material support for a forend support. The legs fold up and top comes off for easy travel. I added a cushion type top from one of those floor anti fatigue mats. The table is rated at 300 pounds so any centerfire rifle will be supported. Just need to add your chair. Basically, if you can drill four holes in the panel and round off the edges, you have your shooting table.

Posts: 33 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 31 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tower Stool co

So that want it but thanks...wish others would read that i am looking for a specific manufacturer to to make my own

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
who makes the middle bench????????????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may be looking for D.O.A Tactical. They make a great shooting bench and their customer service is outstanding. I had legs break on mine after 4-5 years of use. I called them to see if I could buy replacement legs and they sent me a set free of charge. He said they had a bad batch of legs and I may have some of those. He could have easily charged me for them but did not. Doatactical.com

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adamsdjr:
You may be looking for D.O.A Tactical. They make a great shooting bench and their customer service is outstanding. I had legs break on mine after 4-5 years of use. I called them to see if I could buy replacement legs and they sent me a set free of charge. He said they had a bad batch of legs and I may have some of those. He could have easily charged me for them but did not. Doatactical.com

see above pic its the middle bench

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
DOA is nice but not the one I am talking about. Please see the middle bench in above photo

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Really disappointing no one remembers the old gentleman that makes these light shooting table he makes in his shop.

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:
Guys Guys

I am looking for a certain manufacturer who makes these one at a time in one of the states mentioned. A cpl years ago his name was give to me with his obscure web page which was a single page....CAN ANYONE HELP WITH WHOM IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN?

Is it a "Stukeys" bench? He lives in Montana I believe and builds benches with removable legs.
http://www.shootingbenches.com

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Couldn't you just make a set of shooting sticks? I would suggest that they are all you need out to a quarter mile.

You did say you would be carrying them up to a mile, right?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
C'mon Rich, you know for a fact that those sticks are good for at least a half mile.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not the one you're looking for.
But, a fellow on Saubier.com made a dandy sometime back. Sold the patent rights to Midway. Not sure what they named it though.
Seems like it swivels which is badly needed at time in the pg fields.

I just welded up some legs, put the seat from an old plastic chair on it, top on another part. The three sections just slip into each other. Haven't got five bucks in it all. Well, maybe I do if I knew what the 1" sq tubing cost new.
No pics I can share though.
Wish you well finding the one you want. Shucks man, anyone half handy could make up one similar to that table.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best one I ever had was in high school. Moms ironing board that I bolted a slab of 3/4 inch plywood to and made a body cut out, and used sand bags front and rear..put it in the back of the pickup (had folding legs of course) and would drive from one P-Dog town to another and shoot worked perfect with a kitchen chair.....The downside was moms wrath when she missed her chair and ironing board..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
FOUND IT

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might be nice if you told us where you found it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks great. So who makes it and where did you find it?

steve nelson

Posts: 148 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 16 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Inquiring minds want to know...

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
and it folds up nicely into less than 3.5 thick and shape of top table for less than $100

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
and you still haven't told us where to buy one! rotflmo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
and you still haven't told us where to buy one! rotflmo

Yeah, usually when you try to help a guy out the favor is often returned. In this case, apparently not.

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Oh and if you were smart enough you would find the link from all my posts in 5 minutes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh and if you were smart enough you would find the link from all my posts in 5 minutes

And if you were smart enough you wouldn't have had to ask for help in the first place. So I would suggest that you eat shit.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
you lost me with the last 3 posts. i simply wanted to know where you found it as i was looking for something similar. sorry to upset you pissers

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
you lost me with the last 3 posts. i simply wanted to know where you found it as i was looking for something similar. sorry to upset you pissers

You must have really upset him, he deleted 2 of his last 3 posts.

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow.

Picture of Kamlander
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2 | Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario | Registered: 17 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kamlander for the information. Not sure why the OP got such a bug up his hiney but that's for him to deal with.