Find
Notify
Tools

6mm BR repeater?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Anyone hunting varmints with a 6mm BR repeater?

What action did you use?

Posts: 7764 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a repeater but a single shot. I have a Model 700 action that has been gone over.

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is also a single shot. I have played with getting a 700 magazine to feed with reliability and the results haven't been real consistent. Converting to a detachable setup with a magazine designed for the BR case would be the route I would pursue if the obsession strikes again.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
not having great luck with the detachable mag but better than the stock remmy. thinking of a block at back of mag.

Posts: 14 | Location: missouri | Registered: 27 July 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
A friend used a well used Remington 742 chambered for 308 to wild cat a Cheetah 2 with very good results.
He how ever is not happy with hunting his cases after the shot so has developed a catcher. Since he/we mostly hunt coyotes where we may get more than two shots it works fine. He has less money in it than if he had bought a AR.

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jim armistem:
not having great luck with the detachable mag but better than the stock remmy. thinking of a block at back of mag.

People modify AICS magazines, by using a block at the back as you suggested.

I have a 30-06 Mauser in the classifieds section. If it doesn't sell this one is going to be a 6mm BR, and I'll use the AICS magazine system.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tikka 595 with 22-250 magazines are good to go.

Also, Sako 75 with 6ppc magazines.

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sako 75 6 PPC magazines are rarer than redheads in Korea.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a savage 110 in 243, and was thinking along the same lines. Does a savage 22-250 have it's own follower and a block in the back of the mag well?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was always going to make an adapter for a 7.62x39 mini 30 magazine to 700 , but have just never finished the project. Thing is with the 6BR there is no excuse to miss with the first shot!

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When it comes to varmints, I have to agree with DuaneinND. The 6BR has a longer arm than my 6PPC, but with my PPC you can't miss~!!!

Posts: 251 | Location: florida | Registered: 20 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Anyone hunting varmints with a 6mm BR repeater?

What action did you use?

6mm target calibers are great. I chose a 6mm PPC-USA from Sako. Unbelievably accurate with a 68-70 grain pill~!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuaneinND:
I was always going to make an adapter for a 7.62x39 mini 30 magazine to 700 , but have just never finished the project. Thing is with the 6BR there is no excuse to miss with the first shot!
And that is precisely the point and why I love my 6mm PPC. The PPC and the BR are so darned accurate you won't miss many first shots~!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
6mm PPC is not as much talked about today a it was some years back. What would you think about a a tight neck 6PPC in a light weight sporter configuration built on an XP100 single shot action with very light Timney trigger and a gain-twist barrel throwing a 62.5 grain Watson into one very tight hole at 100 yards~? Build by an extremely reputable builder, James Hare, in the mid '80s~! It's the most accurate rifle I've ever seen and I've seen quite a few pretty accurate fireqrms.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oops! The Hare built rifle is a single shot. But who needs more than one shot~????

one of us
Picture of MoreBS
posted Hide Post
In an AR, do a search for a

6mm Lynx

Improved Dasher.

Get Close and Wack'em Hard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot a lot of coyotes with a Sako 6ppc repeater. Sold it couple years ago. Still have one In 22 ppc.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2631 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the 5 years since I started this original post, I have owned a Blaser R8, Custom 700 action and a Savage 12 repeater in 6mm BR.

None of them worked consistantly with the 6mm BR.

There are now new AICS magazines for the 6mm BR, I have not tried one as I gave up on this a while ago. They must work, as a lot of PRS/NRL guys are shooting 20 pound 6mm BR rifles as repeaters.

Never tried it. But just thought I would give a heads up.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Seth, have you looked at an AR upper in 6mmARC?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16337 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kind of went back to the 6.5 CM and gave up on it.

Not really an AR guy anyway.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Seth, I'm not an AR guy either, although I have one and have had uppers in .458 SOCOM, .300 Blackout and 6.5 Grendel.
I do currently have an inexpensive Savage Axis II in 6mm ARC. It shows real promise.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16337 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MoreBS
posted Hide Post
I am building a 6mm GT in an AR15. I just need the gas block and tube for the rifle. 3400 fps using a 75 Hornady V-Max at 50,000 psi, according to QuickLOAD.

Get Close and Wack'em Hard