New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm/08 Remington 700 VLS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In the past 4 days I have travelled extensively across western Montana doing gunshows, gunshops, pawnshops and sporting goods stores of all sizes! I have found and bought some neat things.
But today I had to travel to Bozeman, Montana on kind of a sad trip. My main man (Coyote and Big Game Hunting partner) was returning to Montana from his fathers funeral! The father was only 68 and died from heart troubles back in Minnesota. Two of us went to pick him up at the airport. Tough one - to lose a father at that relatively young age!
The highlight of the day was a stop at Shedhorn Sports in Ennis, Montana (in a blizzard!) and I found a small treasure there.
The good folks at Shedhorn Sports had taken in a like new unfired Remington 700 VLS in caliber 7mm/08! The asking price on this mint, old style VLS (no J-lock and the old style VLS stock) was $569.00! I think it could be had for $530.00 cash! The owner who I know real well and who understands cash deals was out Elk Hunting (in the blizzard!) and the salesman (counterman) simply WOULD NOT get off the phone (personal call!) - I mean it went on for 30 minutes that we knew of, and we couldn't wait any longer for that to end!
I had Moose horns to sell in Bozeman and five other gunshops to do up there in Bozeman as well! So I did not get to deal on the rig at all!
If anyone is interested in this 7mm/08 VLS the number is 1-406-682-4210 and the web site is
http://www.shedhorn.com
I completely forgot to measure the barrel! I assume it was 24" but it could be the new style length of 26" I even checked the crown of the barrel and it was the same as the rest of the Rifle perfect and 100% blue still on the target crown. I just checked the Shedhorn web site and the Rifle is listed under "Remingtons" as having a 26" barrel!
I hope someone can use this nifty Rifle or I may have to buy the dang thing!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
"Quote" The owner who I know real well and who understands cash deals was out Elk Hunting (in the blizzard!) and the salesman (counterman) simply WOULD NOT get off the phone (personal call!) - I mean it went on for 30 minutes that we knew of, and we couldn't wait any longer for that to end!

You might consider returning the favor to the salesman and let the owner know how helpfull the salesman was. The owner might even help him find another job roflmao

Sorry to hear about your friends father dying.

My dad is 72 years old and we enjoy deer hunting every year even though he is sitting in the van with the heater on. He took me when I was young and I have been taking him every since.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote