THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    What do you use as a call sequence for cats and coyotes?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you use as a call sequence for cats and coyotes?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I have an e-caller, and a couple of mouth calls and a squeeker.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I have an e-caller, and a couple of mouth calls and a squeeker.

I use a dying snowshoe hare call, volume depending on wind. Equally good on Lynx, yotes & Wolves. tu2

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a mouth call.

Blast it out at first. (Attacked)
Then gradually lower volumn each time.

Make it sound like it's being tortured
and suffering light cries in between
louder screams like it's being chewed on
sporatically.

I was told by a guy that had been doing it for
years I'd never call one in like that. too loud:

Fellow that had been out with me the day before
told him: "hell too, he called 5/5 and we shot
three"

Had a couple guys listen from a distance and
said they almost cried it sounded so painful.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gents!

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For cats, I use an e-call with a woodpecker/bird in distress, and let it run the entire stand, usually at least 30 minutes, sometimes an hour.

For coyotes, I like mouth calls, and call for about 20 seconds, than stay quiet and watch for about 3-5 minutes. Repeat 2-4 times.

Cats seem to like a higher pitched sound, and they appear to need constant stimulation to bring them in from a ways out there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I start with a mouth call and give it half a dozen blows, then turn on the cassette, use a red light Q Beam as a white light scares off coyotes in many instances...works with fox, badgers, coyotes bobcats and on two occasions in my lifetime I called up a Mt. Lion, but at a distance and lost both without firing a shot..Be aware that you will probably call up some deer, so don't identify by eyes, might even be a Illegal traveling to the promised land for a job, where I hunt so take care.

I like a half grown rabbit, a woodpecker, baby kittens mewing, a grown rabbit, a kildee, where I call, but calls should match the local animals that the local preditors feed on..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote