THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Coyote hunting buddy passed away

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coyote hunting buddy passed away
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm sure none of you really know me or my hunting buddy but he passed away on Saturday while I was out shooting a rifle or two. Very sad for me since I again reached for my phone this morning to call and check in with him.

I'm sure many of you have lost a close hunting bud so I'm sure you can relate to the void I'm feeling.

Our days are numbered and we never know the date in advance although we knew this was coming for a few months now. Doesn't make it any easier.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I can relate for sure. Missing several close friends who recently passed away.

~Ann

Posts: 19121 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ann!

I'm sure I wasn't the first, nor will I be the last to lose a close hunting friend. It just happens to be my first hunting loss like this.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Lester Brooks
posted Hide Post
Zeke, I know the feeling as I have lost most of my friend that we enjoyed hunting and fishing together. My age is above most of the people on this forum, but I feel like getting out and do some varmint hunting again.

I have written down lots of info to pass on to anyone who would like to know some of the ways some of us made a good living. I am not on the forum too much now as most of the extra time is spent going to Dr's who we hope will help keep me going as I only have 13 yrs to go for my goal. Ha Ha

Like the song says: DON'T WARY BE HAPPY, this is hard to be happy when the world turned over to the Democraps.

Posts: 89 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 December 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amen to that, Mr Brooks!

I'm now at the age at which my dad passed so anything extra is a gift in my mind.

Good luck with your health, may it hold for those next 13 years.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lester Brooks:
Zeke, I know the feeling as I have lost most of my friend that we enjoyed hunting and fishing together. My age is above most of the people on this forum, but I feel like getting out and do some varmint hunting again.

I have written down lots of info to pass on to anyone who would like to know some of the ways some of us made a good living. I am not on the forum too much now as most of the extra time is spent going to Dr's who we hope will help keep me going as I only have 13 yrs to go for my goal. Ha Ha

Like the song says: DON'T WARY BE HAPPY, this is hard to be happy when the world turned over to the Democraps.

Les, never give up! If you were my neighbor I would take you out to varmint hunt. I am sure I would learn something from you as well.

~Ann

Posts: 19121 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. A lot of us have lost friends like him. God bless you both.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1037 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the nice sentiments, Michael!
Like I said, I'm sure many many folks can relate since they've been through it.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Zeke.

Was he out shooting or hunting too?

Had a fine guy I called coyotes with now and then.
He called to ask me to go along and I couldn't.
He called another and while out he had a fatal H/A.

Just today in the obits one of our fellow youngster elk hunters was listed. Knew he was a bit older than me, sure didn't think it was 15 years. He was 93.

I've studied our family history from way back/found that most will live to between their parents ages.
That is without: cancer, accidents or pissing the wrong people off, or getting into the wrong jeans.

Again I'm sorry to hear about your buddy.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5934 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My condolences too.

Our hunting/shooting buddies are the most important part of the gun experience, at least for me. To share my joys and heartbreaks, frustrations and successes with someone who has shared the same emotions from the same experiences creates an unbreakable bond.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks George and B L O'Conner.
Your sentiments are appreciated and I'm sure most of you have been through the likes of this before.
Still, it sucks and I reached for the phone a couple times this weekend only to remember....

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cousin printed an 8x10 of my little dog that died
a year ago 4 days after turning 16.

She was always looking at me or whoever was near.

This was her last picture barely a week before. There's no place on either side that she's not looking right at me.

I hung it on the wall by the bed. Half dozen times

times everyday I have to reach up and pet her a bit.

Maybe you could do the same with your buddies picture.

Amazing how right Dad was: "the longer we live, the fewer family and friends we have because they
keep dying off". Cherish them all while they are still here.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5934 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's too ugly to hang a pic in my house but he beautiful enough to hang in my heart!

Zeke