New
Find
Notify
Tools

crowbait
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
to cold outside to do to much so i thought shooting crows out the front window seemed a good idea. Only trouble is that they don't seem to like the idea to much. Solution - crowbait
best stuff i know of is mcdonald french fries with a discarded mcdonalds bag nearby. Seems like the french fries are prime crow chow and the bag draws their attention while flying by. at bit over 100 yds seems like a pretty nice distance from the window to the fries with a 22 hornet. seems to work out pretty good.

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Deer gut piles are prime crow bait here. Problem lies in just how many gut piles are huntable and as deer season ends then what.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Garbage can...

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our season is almost over here. Didn't realize it ended so soon. I've never really baited them but always seem to call them in when hunting coyote. once they hear the dying rabbit they start swarming overhead and a few have gone after my decoy once it stops moving.

Posts: 741 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Jack rabbits, feral cats, coyotes...

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a reason they called old horses crow baits...

Posts: 10467 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
One of my neighbors has a pecan orchard + the crows give him hell every year. We set up some crow decoys as well as an owl decoy;also a crow fighting owl tape;several shooters,+ we had a blast,literally.We have to move locations every couple of weeks + alternate the format as they are very smart.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote