Find
Notify
Tools

Ico Tec GC350
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted
Got a new game call in February a Ico Tex GC350. I used it with great success up till I went in the hospital for TKR surgery.
I found the sounds that came on it to be acceptable for a wide Varity of hunting, coyotes, crows and even geese.
The coyote calling sounds did the job more than a few times as did the crow calls.

Decided while I am recovering I would set up SD cards just for coyote sounds and a separate one for crows. Started the coyote card first, bought a 32gb SD card and got the 24 sounds on it I wanted then spend a lot of time trying to figure out why I could not get the sounds to work from the caller.
Finally I gave up and contacted customer service. Almost as soon as I had sent the e mail off I got a reply that it was possible the 32gb card was to big and that big of card is formatted more for pictures than sounds.
I had a 2gb card in my camera so I removed it took the pictures off and put the sounds on it. Works like a charm now, JD Plaitt was quick to help me out.

This caller allows 24 sounds per card MP3 or wav formatted. many sounds you can find free off the internet.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Al,

I have been looking at one of their callers. How well does the remote work? Ive never used an electronic caller but they look interesting. Do you feel like they are more effective than a hand caller? I thought it might be best to use them in tandem.

Posts: 10112 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
I have tested my remote at 200 yards over a hill and it still worked.

We many times now run two callers at once so I suppose a E called and a mouth call in tandem would work just fine.

Another thing is you can use the decoy AD400 that works with the remote also.

I still just use the modified weasel ball.

Big Grin Al

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Well, since I am programmable illiterate, I just ordered a GC300. For a decoy I have one of these little gizmos. Looking forward to trying them out.. Cool

Posts: 10112 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
I don't she why any one can't use a GC 350 or 500. Getting sounds on a card is really simple.

We use the Varmint Al's web site version of the weasel ball decoy. I recently made a base for mine because getting it to stand in frozen ground wasn't working. Usually we have snow to insulate the ground and can push the stake in. Also since it starts life as a pet toy the price is reasonable.

Wish our coyotes had a $50.00 bounty. We would get some thing for the ones with crappy fur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ltRfdk0Rkc

Big Grin Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have the 500 and have different SD cards for different types of hunts. Crow on one, Yote on another and so on. The funny thing is when I play the Vole sound it calls up deer.

Stopped in 4 places to call one night and after no response to the rabbit I would fire up the Vole and the deer would start showing up. I figured out quick and warns folks hunting with us to identify your target and not shoot eyes. Don't know why the deer respond to the Vole but they do.