Find
Notify
Tools

Old Sayings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dad said about me growing up
"you've gotta get his attention first" Whack!!
Grandpa: "I couldn't hear you if you wrote me a note"
Me: 'deafernadamnedrock!"

Me about others: "he could destroy an anvil with
a rubber mallet".
Have a whole book full I've come up with over the yrs.

Only four things I hate: "drunk when I'm sober,
sober man when I'm drunk and slow cars in the fast lane" "and women that say no"
That was always handy while I was driving OTRoad for a living.

During Nixon's speed limits my favorite reply to "how fast you running?"
"Tequila (my CB handle those days) holds it steady 60, up hill
down hill and on the flats". Yet no one ever caught up with me!

Looking down the muzzle of a rifle one time, not sure if I
came up with it, or someone else. "Damn, I could crawl down that tube!"
"nuff for now.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5940 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One I came up with today talking about my lost memory from
the drugs they kept me under during a 21 day coma Nov '12.
"those drugs screwed up my memory so much Rhonda had to reteach
me how to lick her p----y"
When I repeated it to her, she got a big laugh too.
Mod: Delete it if it's too strong!
George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5940 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Kamlander
posted Hide Post
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye"

Posts: 2 | Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario | Registered: 17 August 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Like picking fly shit out of pepper.

Posts: 14 | Location: ND | Registered: 21 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
You're barking up the wrong tree!
old roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It'll feel better when it quits hurting" Mom used to say that a lot.

Some of you a/h's just can't be taught!"

It means more to the hater that they hate, than it does to the hated.
"hate will destroy the hater much faster than being hated will".

"Kid with a black eye asked me why I was pulling extra duty: "for smacking you n your buddies, you ready to go another round?" "no way, you play too rough" "that's the trouble with me, I don't play in a fight, it's damned serious to me" "I got that message" "good for you maybe next time you punks will behave yourselves".

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

one of us
posted Hide Post
Used to work for an old farmer/rancher when I was a kid in the 70's.

He had a couple good ones.

"How's the tip of your constitution today?"

"Tighter than a bull's ass in fly season"

IF..?...If my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Heard this one when I was working in Texas in 1990...

IF.?...if a mouse had wings he'd get him some bat pussy....

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spent my teen summers on a mtn ranch with an old batchelor. Starting when I was around 12 or 13.

One of the first things he pulled on me was chopping wood.
"that old ax is George Washington's ax. It's had maybe 40 new handles and half dozen heads but, it was still George Washington's ax".

A good lesson he taught me:
"Don't pee against the wind you'll get your pant legs wet"

Old joke:

"Col and Cpt walking across base arguing how much work or pleasure it was having sex.
"Col: I feel it's 90% work and 10% pleasure".
"Capt: No sir you're mighty wrong there. "I feel it's 50 50".

Buck private digging a trench over heard them and asked: "Sirs, I just over heard your discussion, may I comment? Sure son, what do you believe?"

"IF there was any work at all involved you'd have us doing THAT for you too!"

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Caught between a rock and a hard place.

Got you by the short hairs.

Posts: 90 | Location: Mishawaka, In. | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He couldn't hit the ground with his gun if he dropped it
The fish are biting so good you have to hide behind a tree to bait your hook
She fell out of the ugly tree and hit every limb on the way down
He is plum ate up with the dumbass

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
He smashed to the ground like a turd from a tall cow.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry don't feed my kids.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It's raining so hard it's like a tall cow pissin' on a flat rock

Posts: 14 | Location: ND | Registered: 21 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My old buddy recently passed away and one of his favorite sayings was, "That mountain is steeper than a cows face".

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Too soon old, too late smart

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4225 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Quieter than a mouse peeing on a cotton ball

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
If you aren't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

After pulling the trigger on an empty chamber, "that would have been a perfect hit!"

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can make one hole groups by only shooting ONCE!

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
WinkIt's a shoo in beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That went over like a turd in the punch bowl.

Posts: 27 | Location: Northern, CA | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That same old rancher from above said:

"The story goes, here in Colorado only new comers and damned fools predict the weather.
"I've got a system where I can predict the weather and be 100% right everytime":

"It's gonna clear up, or clear up to your ass".
Claimed he'd seen it do both many times on his place at 10,500' alt.

One of mine again:
"when you're in a whore house n she grabs you by the short hairs, you know what's gonna happen.
Don't ever get the idea YOU have the world by the short hairs, you'll end up getting the same thing done to you".

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nuttier than an outhouse at a peanut festival!

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started this thread last February simply as a means of alerting interested parties that our favorite targets were once again available. It has taken on a life of it's own, elicting many enjoyable posts. The hot dry weather, as well as the Belding's courious habit of going into hibernation in late summer means the season is coming to an end. But what a season it has been!By my records I have sent 5893 rounds over the alfalfa, and some of them even hit a squirrel. While I will be glad to get away from the reloading bench for a bit, I am already anticipating next year. If you haven't tried a northeast California ground squirrel shoot you should consider it. Truly the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Posts: 126 | Location: nothern ca | Registered: 29 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
she"s nuttier than squirrel turds

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
shining like a diamond in a goat's ass

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
she's so fine i'd crawl a mile through a barbwired mine field, just to hear her fart over the radio

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ex late father in law said:

"White man build heep big fire,
stand way back freeze"
Indian build lil tiny fire
sit on fire,
keep warm"

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hotter than a one-eyed dog at a burlesgue show. If you don't have time to do it right you won't have time to do it over. My grandpa always told us to think twice and speak once.
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 580 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those that talk the most, know the least.

Shut up n listen, you might learn something.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of our AR members commented a/b another AR troll "It's amazing that the fastest sperm produced you". Pretty good !

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
Shoot that fox, & two will come to the funeral.

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L. Rivard:
I started this thread last February simply as a means of alerting interested parties that our favorite targets were once again available. It has taken on a life of it's own, elicting many enjoyable posts. The hot dry weather, as well as the Belding's courious habit of going into hibernation in late summer means the season is coming to an end. But what a season it has been!By my records I have sent 5893 rounds over the alfalfa, and some of them even hit a squirrel. While I will be glad to get away from the reloading bench for a bit, I am already anticipating next year. If you haven't tried a northeast California ground squirrel shoot you should consider it. Truly the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Only problem CA. won't let me bring my rifles!!!!!

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
A night of heavy spirits consumption can lead into a condition of "commode-hugging drunkedness" or "driving the porcelin bus".

Posts: 1 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: 19 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mom when I had a boo boo. Its to far from your heart to kill you go play.
Dad said boy you got to be smarter than what you are fu*king with.
Grandpa said leave the girls alone and save your money.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been away from the computerfor a while so just picked up Muck's comments about not bringing rifles into CA. I have had friends fly commercial into CA with rifles for hunting many times, no problem. I guess an ex-felon might get into trouble but that's the only bad situation I can think of.

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
How about: as useless as a screen door in a submarine or colder than a witches tit in a hailstorm.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2291 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
L.Rivard:
Just noticed you started this on my first wedding date yrs ago of course.

Current live in: Rhonda, when she's good, she's great, it's the other 85% of the time that's hell". (typical woman, huh?)

I came home bawling from getting my ass beat by a bigger kid. Dad told me: "when you see you're going to get into a fight, take the first and hardest swing so you don't get your ass whipped". These days that'll get you tossed in the clink for a long time though.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L. Rivard:
I have been away from the computerfor a while so just picked up Muck's comments about not bringing rifles into CA. I have had friends fly commercial into CA with rifles for hunting many times, no problem. I guess an ex-felon might get into trouble but that's the only bad situation I can think of.

Modern Sporting Rifles, AKA AR15's.

I am pretty sure I have read that CA. made detachable magazine rifles unwelcome. As well as 20 or 30 round magazines.
The airline may allow me to check in a case with above rifles, but the CA law enforcement would frown on such baggage. They may want me to extend my stay at CA's expense.

muck Cool

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Muck, you may very well be right about the AR type arms. I don't own any and have no experience with them. Would a replacement low round count mag make them legal? I really don't know,but I do know that they are widely used here. By all means, find out befor bringing one in. Rapid fire is'nt really necessary for ground squirrels though, I even single load my repeating bolt actions in the field.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, 1759

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."
Socrates

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

"The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

"Well done is better than well said" B. Franklin

I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

I was born at night, but not last night

If God didn't want man to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of MEAT!

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote