WALTER'S OWN

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Walter's Own General Discussions    Can a motion picture be "politically correct" AND entertaining?

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can a motion picture be "politically correct" AND entertaining?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can a motion picture be "politically correct" AND entertaining? Since I don't have a firm understanding of the mental illness identified as "political correctness," I am not confident that there are movies of this ilk that are decent entertainment.

Here are two movies that fulfill the criteria of correctness yet entertaining. I'll not furnish details explaining why I think these movies are a good fit. I don't want to spoil anyone's first viewing.

1. "Conspiracy Theory" (1997), Mel Gibson, Julia Roberts, Patrick Stewart.

2. "Murder at 1600" (1997), Wesley Snipes, Diane Lane, Alan Alda.
If there are more, identify them.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1496 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always scroll right past those movies obviously made for a purely African American audience. Nigger movies. sorry. Smiler
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no.
once I'm annoyed I'm done.
I'm not sitting there for another 2 hours to make anyone happy.

Posts: 4968 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yeah,now folks skin is so thin that it is amazing they are still alive.Even my Grandfather who was an equality person called the upper balcony at the theatre "Nigger Heaven". That is hoe they talked those days.I used to hunt + fish with an old gent who was born in 1913 + talked the same.It was NOT rascist,et al,just the way folks talked at the time + how the niggers talk to each other now (but we can't).

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can a motion picture be "politically correct" AND entertaining

Very much so.

But the powers to be in the industry has used films to promote the agenda of the left.

Almost all of them are anti gun, anti Christian, pro homosexual, anti freedom, pro communism.

Posts: 19349 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep! Just watch a un-cut Blazing Saddles movie!

In reality its a PC movie, people do act and talk that way in real life. So IT is a PC movie!

Posts: 17552 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
NO!

End of story.

America has became so divided on SO MANY levels on all issues that "Political Correctness" no longer exists!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Finding Nemo.

That shizzle was emotional.

Fo sho.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:
Finding Nemo.

That shizzle was emotional.

Fo sho.

"COCO"...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14361 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote