New
Find
Notify
Tools

OSCARS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This years OSCARS are in the books. I know I should refrain, but I do love movies. I also, for lack of a better word, “like” the IN Memoriam segment.

Well, I think Phoneixyis still in Character as a deranged clown as he gave a very sincere, tear choking speech about how we should stop drinking milk. Yet, he admonishes us that we are “disconnected from nature.”

The jokes are so low hanging simple minded. Why does the presenters get 10 minutes to act ridiculous. But a major award winner only gets 40seconds to speak.

The cat costume folks took 10 minutes to present a technical award. The winners of said award get no time.

Posts: 10805 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch them. Although I liked Marlon Brando + loved "The Godfather" + Tshone Whitefeather was a real babe, I still don't think the Oscars are the place to make a political statement any more than I approve of these celebrities voicing their opinions (especially their hypocritical anti-gun agenda after making their own fortunes in action movies.)

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read last week that Hollywood cannot understand why fewer and fewer people are watching the Oscars.

I refuse to because:
1. I have better things to do with my time
2. I can't stomach the political bullshit

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I love the movies though I usually wait for TV I do got 2-3 times a year. And I am is hypocrite I will go to see, for instance, a Woody Allen movie even though he's a bigot, child molester.

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have lived to come on stage after Phoenix and said, “Phoenix, my man, don’t worry about the calf. They turned him into veal before he had time to miss his mom.”

Posts: 10805 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure, I've watched Woodie Allen + other anti -actors movies for entertainment but I don't think that their opinions came down from Mt. Ararat. I DO appreciate pro-actors like Tom Selleck + I have to say that Steven Seagal is one of the few actors who knows how to hold a 45.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not even interested in watching. From a self congratulatory award system, it has become a stage for political comments by a bunch of idiots, who don't have a clue. Wink

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My opinion exactly!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have given up watching new movies.

Far too stupid to waste my time on any of them.

The way Phoenix went on, it made sure I never bother with any of his bloody idiotic movies too.

The hollier than thou attitude of these brainless, stupid idiots puts me off.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the last movie I bought a ticket for was over a decade ago. Can't remember watching the Oscars. And I could care less what they think about politics. They have a meaningless job; why should I care what they think.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote