New
Find
Notify
Tools

MAN EATS WORLD'S HOTTEST PEPPER
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

After Eating One of the World’s Hottest Peppers, You Will Hallucinate and Say Crazy Shit

After Eating One of the World's Hottest Peppers, You Will Hallucinate and Say Crazy Shit NPR producer Marshall Terry went to Rock Hill, SC for a story on a pepper up for consideration as the world's hottest by the Guinness Book of World Records. Carrying out due diligence, he also tried the pepper. The aftermath was not pretty...............

http://gizmodo.com/5858739/aft...e-and-say-crazy-shit

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
The kid's a whimp! It was just an Habanero you can see them in the plastic container.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
He works for NPR. Panty waist drama queen is a large part of
his job description.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are two peppers hotter than habanero. The Indian Ghost pepper discovered a few years back.

Most recently the Trinidad Scorpian, which now holds the title of Worlds hottest whatever.

If people keep eating these things someone needs to start building asbestos asshole liners!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just wrap your mouth around some Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce! Caution, please use only a little at first!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

I tried Dave's Insanity when it first came out. The stuff they are bottling today is ice water in comparison. Wonder what made them tone it down?

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My buddy grew Ghost Peppers last summer and i gave 1/2 of one a try. Nothing for a couple minutes, then some tingling, then the heat came. End result was me spitting and huffing for about 10 minutes. Won't try one again.

Posts: 105 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stoinski,

Any chance you can get some seeds from your buddy? I would love to grow a few.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll ask and let you know as I'll be talking to him tomorrow (Sunday).

Posts: 105 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 56hawk
posted Hide Post
I would sure like to try one of those Ghost Peppers. Had my own habanero plant for a while. Usually just use them for cooking chili, but I did eat a whole one once. Wasn't too bad, but I can say it's the only thing I have even eaten that made the insides of my ears burn.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drewhenrytnt,
I should have some for you, I'll let you know when I receive them and will grab your address.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
@stoinski...PM sent

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member